Slower

Thx for the Malware

Six updater just installed,from what i can find,5 malicious programs on my computer,this is after i unchecked the boxes.3 of which i cannot remove and after searching for the past 2 hours i've discovered no one else on the net seems to be able to remove them either,good job.Malwarebytes managed to get rid of 2,but this alot toolbar,babylon something and this whitesmoke thing i cannot for the life of me find,let alone remove,and now my firefox is literally unrecognizable and my ts is empty because the other 6 poor bastards who decided to spend the day playing the new update are desperately trying to get this shit off our pc's.

So to get to my point Dayz team,go &%$ yourselves

PS Rocket,in typical 13 year old fashion and after almost a decade of supporting Bohemia,you should def ban my Arma account and my Dayz account for getting screwed by your lazy decisions(using sixupdater rather than spending a couple days writing your own installer) and then tell me your basking in my tears,that would be great,thx.

Do you have any proof? Can anyone else corroborate Slower's story?

Also, moved to Troubleshooting.

I've personally never had any issue with the sixupdater program, but personally, I use Worrom's DayZ Installer...

i dont have any malware after downloading six updater.

Screen_Shot_2012_06_22_at_7_08_52_PM.png

edit : I have no memory of the six launcher/update installer so I have no clue if there even is a checkbox. All I know is that my six updater is clean as a whistle.

I wouldn't call him a troll entirely.. I had a ton of annoying shit load onto my computer when I downloaded and installed sixupdater.. I got rid of most of it right away (and had no problem doing so) but I instantly deleted sixupdater and I now only do manual updates to avoid this.

I think he's probably exaggerating it a bit, but there are def some stupid "extras" that come with this installer.

Ffs...

Dude seriously... you see this 'I got malwared' nonsense, who does that help really?

Start thinking and help us out.

Quit thinking about your own inconvenience and help us sort a problem out.

How are we supposed to know what you did and what we need to do to prevent it happening again?

If you caught malware how many other people here did too? How many of them don't know about it and how do we stop it from happening in future.

We would need to know what you did and more importantly what you did not do.

Step by step. Word for Word..everything you seen and everything you cicked on...

GO.

i dont have any malware after downloading six updater.

I have exactly one malware after downloading six updater... ;)

Unfortunately there are not really many alternatives out there if you want something to handle your all your Arma (and not only dayz) mods.

But seriously, Six does not install real malware.