Sign in to follow this  
NotoriousV2

DayZ Standalone - Global Banned

After the Battleye anti-cheat was implemented recently, I could not join or play any server because it stated I was Global Banned. A month or so back I was global banned off of Arma III. I admitted my fault and contacted Battleye. They informed me that they could not lift the ban, and that the only way I could play the game again was to buy another copy. I purchased another copy, and was able to play again.

Recently, when trying to join a DayZ Standalone server, it stated that I was global banned. The global ban # is the same exact # I had on Arma III. The only thing I could think of is that these two games are linked together. Why should I be banned for something I did on a "different" game, and a different game copy? I re-purchased Arma III, and purchased this DayZ Standalone.

I guess my question is, why am I banned on the DayZ Standalone Alpha for something I did on an Arma III game copy? Can this be resolved?

If you are BE banned in Arma III it carries over.

That's what you get for being a naughty boy.

The GUID is related to your Steam ID.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 2

I hope you've learned something from it. 

Btw you just have to buy a new copy. Or go back to COD, if they got no BE :)

I hope you've learned something from it. 

Btw you just have to buy a new copy. Or go back to COD, if they got no BE :)

I already purchased a new Arma III copy a month ago. I did not use any 3rd party software on the new Arma III copy, and I definitely did not use anything on the DayZ Standalone. Why should the bans carry over to a completely new game, even if it uses the same anti-cheat? I've never heard of any game doing that. Basically $30 wasted because of something I did on a different game. I learned my lesson, and even purchased a new copy of ArmA III like BE said I could.

once a hacker, always a hacker.

Not exactly true, but I guess it's a close-minded way to look at it.
Edited by NotoriousV2