KeyaKev

Please get a better anti-cheat.

Yes. But I also remember BE banned more legit players than cheaters at one stage and not even half were unbanned. That's what I like about DayZ being on steam atm.

That's a myth.

People complaining about being banned "for no reason" often had their CD-Keys stolen & overwritten, which is their own fault in the first place, nothing BE could do about really.

BE only has one case of false-positives in the past, and that was in August 2012. All those bans affected by the false positives were lifted 3 days after. The BattlEye System is extremely secure when it comes to false positives - Anticheats like VAC or Punkbuster had way, way more in the past.

Edited by Nik21
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly there was an accidental ban wave of keys on an update. My group was luckily enough to be in that wave and was unbanned.

But yeah, looking forward to BE's performance in SA. Already found two cheaters today, so, hopefully things pick up.

Yes there was, I was victim to this but it had nothing to do with DayZ, but a problem with the BE update itself. And it was fixed less than half an hour later.

• Like 1

1 - I know its issue wasn't not catching cheaters it was the purchase of Russian keys, but it still did a pretty terrible job at patching and updating.

2 - I don't even know who that is, I'm speaking on my own behalf from my experience with the mod.

As others pointed out, BattleEye increased the number of updates they did exponentially after DayZ caught on.  Now that doesn't sound like much but consider this...they updated their system for a mod they had 0 stake in.

Second, BattleEye has more experience with the game engine than any group outside of BI.  There is literally no better anti cheat for the game.

• Like 1

Why would you go back to battle-eye after seeing how much of a great job it did keeping cheaters out of the mod? I have already come across two cheaters today. Please invest in a better anti-cheat. I'm not saying there will never be cheaters, there always will be hackers/cheaters no matter what, but having battle-eye is not doing any good.

This is what I'm expecting to happen after having an opinion about this terrible excuse for an anti-cheat.

LOL. I just don't want to see SA go down like the mod did. I still love this game regardless, but I wish they would have learned their lesson with BE.

How much better is EA doing with BF4 and all of their previous games with all of their gajillions of super dollars?  I'll give you a hint.  There are still numerous hacks for BF4 that can safely claim the status of "undetected."

The bans have already begun to flow in DayZ.  It's working.  It's not perfect.  It's never going to be perfect.  It's an online game. 

How much better is EA doing with BF4 and all of their previous games with all of their gajillions of super dollars?  I'll give you a hint.  There are still numerous hacks for BF4 that can safely claim the status of "undetected."

The bans have already begun to flow in DayZ.  It's working.  It's not perfect.  It's never going to be perfect.  It's an online game. 

I'm not saying there will never be cheaters

>more quotes<

Yeah, there will always be cheaters but you're saying BattlEye doesn't work.  Well, something is working because the bans are beginning to flow, whether it's BE, VAC or a combination of the two.  Exactly, what would you recommend as an alternative?  PunkBuster?  The industry standard?  Ptooey!  I think we all know what a pile of junkware PunkBuster is and BE doesn't even begin to compare to the massive amounts of problems that PunkBuster causes.

This is f***ing sh** we've payed a combined $90 already and we can't play cause battleye is kicking everyone contantly, client not responding, f*** battleye id rather deal with hackers than this shitt

This is f***ing sh** we've payed a combined $90 already and we can't play cause battleye is kicking everyone contantly, client not responding, f*** battleye id rather deal with hackers than this shitt

So you're attempting to cheat then? Me and my friends were playing just fine with battleye, if you're buying new copies just because you get a client not responding message, you're doing it wrong, something is blocking battleye on your end, no amount of new copies of the game is going to fix that, google the issue and get battleye unblocked, then it will stop kicking you.

So you're attempting to cheat then? Me and my friends were playing just fine with battleye, if you're buying new copies just because you get a client not responding message, you're doing it wrong, something is blocking battleye on your end, no amount of new copies of the game is going to fix that, google the issue and get battleye unblocked, then it will stop kicking you.

Gees some people ^

No, 3 of us have each bought a copy of the game. It really annoys me that everytime you mention that battleye is kicking you some douche points and screams hacker ffs

Battleye and VAC 3 are activated. This has been discussed yesterday in some other thread.

There is no such thing as a better anti-cheat. 

There will always be a backdoor regarding hacking software.

If you really want to prevent hackers from damaging games, then you might want to call up Bill Gates and have him fixes the gaps that he left in the Windows operating system.

• Like 1

Gees some people ^

No, 3 of us have each bought a copy of the game. It really annoys me that everytime you mention that battleye is kicking you some douche points and screams hacker ffs

If you read my post I went on to assuming legit, the problem is not battleye, it is that your client is not allowing battleye to communicate with the servers battleye, that is not a fault of battleye, and is so you cant block battleye and continue to cheat, the problem is you're having something like a firewall blocking battleye, so it kicks you.

All you mentioned was having to pay $90 on the game already, in such a way that made it sound like you were trying to "fix" it by buying more copies.

• Like 2