TeamGunner

pros/cons Dayz standalone/Arma 3 or diffrent game engine all together?

After playing both the arma 2 mod and the standalone i have to say dayz is nothing but one problem after another. time wasted, countless glitches discovered with no fix in sight. graphics are becoming out of date. so i think the dayz team need to take a hard look at the money they have gotten from this version and start from scratch with the arma 3 engine. the game already comes with a sandbox game mode, there is a mod for zombies already. im sorry to say that this game is only going to cause head aches over the next 2-3 years before they have a workable version. and i say workable as in mechanics of the game will stay the same. for ie. dayz S.A. character mechanics are dull and they player model just goes prone when killed. arma 3 has rag-doll affects and 10x more player emotes then dayz S.A. im just saying dayz needs some freshness. i love the game and what is has to offer as a type of game that it stands to be but i grow tired and see no hope in sight for the game that it could be with a different game engine.And to continue this rant. someone is working on a port for the Dayz mod to be ported from Arma 2 to Arma 3. i have to say that i think once everyone see's what that mod can bring to Arma 3 that Dayz standalone will be old news

Also posted on the Steam game forums........

Edited by TeamGunner

Oh snap... eye cancer post again. Please change the font, its annoying and hurts the eye. It's also an Alpha things will change. And if you're so worried about graphics rocket said they will be improved in time. Lol start from scratch with a new engine? Are you retarded son?

That's what they did with Duke Nukem. They got an engine and made a pre alpha, made some levels and then some idiot decided it wasn't groundbreaking enough so they scrapped it. 3 Engines and 12 years later nothing happened.

• Like 1

i think the dayz team need to take a hard look at the money they have gotten from this version and start from scratch

"Start from scratch." Right. Three words that don't belong anywhere near a software project of this magnitude at this level.

Not going to happen. DayZ has an engine of its own now. It's the DayZ engine now. No more debates about ARMA 2 or ARMA 3.

After playing both the arma 2 mod and the standalone i have to say dayz is nothing but one problem after another. time wasted, countless glitches discovered with no fix in sight. graphics are becoming out of date. so i think the dayz team need to take a hard look at the money they have gotten from this version and start from scratch with the arma 3 engine. the game already comes with a sandbox game mode, there is a mod for zombies already. im sorry to say that this game is only going to cause head aches over the next 2-3 years before they have a workable version. and i say workable as in mechanics of the game will stay the same. for ie. dayz S.A. character mechanics are dull and they player model just goes prone when killed. arma 3 has rag-doll affects and 10x more player emotes then dayz S.A. im just saying dayz needs some freshness. i love the game and what is has to offer as a type of game that it stands to be but i grow tired and see no hope in sight for the game that it could be with a different game engine.And to continue this rant. someone is working on a port for the Dayz mod to be ported from Arma 2 to Arma 3. i have to say that i think once everyone see's what that mod can bring to Arma 3 that Dayz standalone will be old news

Also posted on the Steam game forums........

Firstly, ArmA 3 is a piece of shit which is nowhere near as good as ArmA 2.

Visually; DayZ is modeled from ArmA 2 which is one of the most immersive simulators developed.

Secondly, Your recommendation and review begs to differ. I'm going to guess you had a few bad experiences in the game and that made you act like this; I know because I rage at the engine sometimes too due to how unbelievably bugged it is in ArmA 2 and especially ArmA 3.

However, Dean Hall is a lot more dedicated than the rest of Bohemia. Unlike Bohemia, Dean does not begin making a mod or a game and leave the community finish it with dozens of mods such as ACE, ACRE and what not because of laziness. We have no idea where these engine optimizations are going, but there's no denying that DayZ is the biggest money maker which Bohemia have ever encountered.

Edited by ColinM9991
  • Like 1