Gdaddy22

Basebuilding, combat logging, servers

Bases, combat logging, servers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see basebuilding in DayZ ?

• Very advanced system which includes building walls, barricades, fortifying small towns and building openable gates and doorways
    • Simple system with tents, barricading doors, windows, and building very simple constructions like sheds.
    • Just tents, sandbags and wire fence like in the Mod
    • No basebuilding at all
  2. 2. How long should we have to wait before we log out from the server, and when would the log out timer be there ? (combat logging question)

• 10 seconds, Always
    • 15 seconds, Always
    • 20 seconds, Always
    • more than 20 seconds, Always
    • 10 seconds, Only when in combat, shots have been fired around us, handcuffed, etc
    • 15 seconds, Only when in combat, shots have been fired around us, handcuffed, etc
    • 20 seconds, Only when in combat, shots have been fired around us, handcuffed etc
    • more than 20 seconds, Only when in combat, shots have been fired around us, handcuffed, etc
  3. 3. What do you think about servers ?

• We should decrease the amount of servers, but increase the player cap. per server
    • We shouldn't let people switch servers and still play the same character, new server = new character
    • We should leave the servers as they are right now.
    • We should force people to wait a certain amount of time before switching to a different server (server hopping)

Hi, I just wanted you to answer these questions, I'd just like to compare people's views on the game with my views and see if people agree on certain things.

Base building should at the very least be as robust and deep as rust.

Why do i have to cast a vote in the 2nd poll when i dont agree with having a log out timer?

Hmm. Seems people want a long logout time... I think 10 seconds defeats combat logging. If I need to get off the computer I don't want to wait 30 seconds or more to make sure I don't die before logging out just so I can get up and let the dog out.

I picked option 2 on the building vote, but I want a mix of the 2. The only thing i don't like from the first option is fortifying towns. I think the towns should be a no go zone for building anything but tank traps/barricades/wire fencing etc. I don't want to login one day and find out that the most powerful clan on that server now has fortifications in Balota and the NWA making the server a dead zone. Also, if we're going to be wanting build options like RUST I think we're going to need to wait for a lot of updates to the map to make it bigger.

Last vote I don't know how to defeat hopping really... It's a bummer to be confined to 1 character per server seeing as things change on servers. I also play at really odd hours that change each day so I never play on the same server. Sometimes I specifically want a day time server so I "hop" 3-4 times before I can find one that A) is day time B) Doesn't have terrible ping and C) isn't super packed when I'm just starting out. Not sure how to defeat hopping itself though.

Edited by Steely_D89

So, once loot is fixed so there's no benefit to server hopping for loot, and once combat logging is fixed which will greatly reduce combat ghosting, why do people think server hopping will be an issue?

Hell, outside of combat tricks why do people care about server hopping at all?

So, once loot is fixed so there's no benefit to server hopping for loot, and once combat logging is fixed which will greatly reduce combat ghosting, why do people think server hopping will be an issue?

Hell, outside of combat tricks why do people care about server hopping at all?

Because, it ruins the game, what's the point of the game if you can just go to a military tent in Balota, and server hop until you find the best gear in the game, without even moving out of the building, no risk, no effort, no nothing. Items are supposed to be hard to find, and you have to actually roam the map and scavenge towns to find things. 

Number one, I want robust, but unable to build fortifications in cities (Things like ladders would be fine, as would barricading lone buildings or a building in small clusters). Number two I don't want a log off timer, and if you're getting shot at, then you can only log off after not taking fire for thirty seconds. Number three there should be a system that checks if you're logging on and off in the same area, then after a little, you have to wait longer and longer, preventing players from hording loot from empty severs in airfields.

Because, it ruins the game, what's the point of the game if you can just go to a military tent in Balota, and server hop until you find the best gear in the game, without even moving out of the building, no risk, no effort, no nothing. Items are supposed to be hard to find, and you have to actually roam the map and scavenge towns to find things. 

But what about when loot is fixed so it spawns dynamically based on players moving into an area and not on reset, when spawning into a loot location means there will be no loot there because the game never detected you moving through the loot spawn perimiter, so to make loot spawn you need to run 200 yards away and come back?

Everyone crying about server hopping assumes loot will be like this forever so we need a fix for it, where in reality its listed as one of their top priorities to make loot work similarly to how it did in the mod.

I don´t want to be stuck in someone's base when I join a different server. Especially when they will view me as a intruder, shot on sight.

Edited by fxfighter

i liked your differentiation of cading existing buildings & constructing a new building . im only for cading existing , everything else should be packable like tents , campers or trailers .

agree with a logout timer of 30 sec & log in wait of 5 min on "3rd server" , should deter ghosting along with hopping . all imo of course . 

The server votes are a bit unequal most deal with server capacity and while the last one is about server hopping....just saying comparing server hopping to server caps are not very fair in a poll since they are two seperate issues/things.