Sign in to follow this  
dealman

Removal of Unconscious on Hit

Ok, so Zombies have this chance to knock you unconscious in 1 hit, and according to the Wiki it says if you're below 10 000 Blood, I can however prove this wrong.

After killing a bandit with a Hatchet and he managed to hurt me down to ~2.3k Blood, after a lot of annoying moving around to find Box of Matches, I managed to find TONS of Raw Meat, which got me up to around 10k blood, then I found another cow which got me up to 12k Blood.

Then I went to a Barn and fired an Enfield(Yay, Enfield!) and "some" zombies got alerted. I ran up the staircase but 1 zombie managed to hit me and knocked me unconscious, at 12k blood. And that resulted in my death.

Now to my Suggestion:

Remove this piece of shit feature! I mean come on, this is not the first time it happens but every time it did, I've died. I'm all up for them being able to break your legs and all that, but knocking you unconscious is just straight-out fair.

Especially when it doesn't work as intended. You can actually survive breaking your leg, but not being knocked unconscious, the duration is way too long - and Zombies will eventually break your legs.

And not to mention if you have a Primary weapon selected, when you regain consciousness you'll change to your sidearm and then back to your Primary again. Further decreasing the chance of survival.

I think it's a stupid idea in itself if it were to work as intended. Them breaking your legs make you stressed but it's still a fun situation because it's challenging, being knocked unconscious is not a challenge - it's death. No questions asked.

What are your thoughts about this?

I disagree. Unconscious on hit reflects in my opinion critical hit to the head. It happens. Search youtube for street fights or even martial arts and you'll see often that one hit is enough to make the enemy unconscious. Infected are probably stronger then common person, therefore it's easier for them to knock you down.

You make mistake, you die. That's the apocalyptic world you live in.

You can't in any possible way compare such fighters to a zombie. Those fighters have martial art experience, and great strength - Zombies do not. And that's why it's a ridiculous feature.

Zombies wouldn't happen at all in real life. And I'm not saying it should be realistic, in fact, too much realism is a bad thing - this feature is just annoying because 90% of the time, you die.

It's not fun to have survived for over 10 Hours, then die to a few zombies because they knock you unconscious when at 12k blood. :/

Zombies wouldn't happen at all in real life. And I'm not saying it should be realistic' date=' in fact, too much realism is a bad thing - this feature is just annoying because 90% of the time, you die.

It's not fun to have survived for over 10 Hours, then die to a few zombies because they knock you unconscious when at 12k blood. :/

[/quote']

That's exactly what i think, people compare the game all the time to real life.

To the guy who actually suggested us to search YouTube about this matter, i'll accept his point if he sends me a link of a REAL ZOMBIE knocking people unconscious by hitting their heads.

We are here to play games, AND have fun. This feature maybe needs to be reviewed, who knows if it's truly working as intended.

Just saying, no need to go all hipster like "this isn't a game for care bears" and stuff, after all this is a game.

+1 to this : dunno about removing of this feature, but devs should for sure tweak it a lil bit.

I once got knocked out on 12k blood in one hit too. Once I got my legs insta-broken by the first hit of the first zombie of that life.

I do the following - reconnect. If the game cheats (not working as intended/declared by devs), then you have moral right to cheat back. Reconnecting will despawn nearby zombies and give you chance to survive.

To the guy who actually suggested us to search YouTube about this matter' date=' i'll accept his point if he sends me a link of a REAL ZOMBIE knocking people unconscious by hitting their heads.

[/quote']

You can't in any possible way compare such fighters to a zombie. Those fighters have martial art experience' date=' and great strength - Zombies do not.

[/quote']

The fact that Infected aren't real doesn't mean they shouldn't act like they were.

They are not classic zombies' date=' they are infected people. I have new animations, a whole bunch of stuff to add. But that will come later.

[/quote']

So the infected:

- Cannot feel pain

- Lacks all reasoning other than basal instinct

- Has no human emotions

- Has only the desire to attack

What's more the infection caused some changes in their physiology. That's why they can sprint so fast. So if leg muscles developed, it's obvious that arm muscles would develop as well. Therefore it's highly possible that hit (even unintended) to the head may lead to unconscious.

However I do agree that this may happen a little too often. I didn't play DayZ too much after the latest patches, as far as I remember being knocked down by zeds happened few times to me. I could explain it if not by "critical hit", then by the amount of pain. Being eaten alive may easily lead to pass out.

To the guy who actually wanted me to send him some links. I highly doubt if the regulations of the forum allow me to post videos containing violence, but if you're so curious, type phrases like "instant knockout" or "one hit knockout". Maybe there will be some on Fail Compilations as well. I'd suggest you to search for Polish or Russian fights as there are plenty of them on the web.