Hi, I am looking into a new dedibox to offset our community cost, I have done some research but would love some feedback.

Quad Core CPU @ 2.5GHz (amended - Feedback suggests that as long as you're running a faster CPU, you should be fine)
2GB+ RAM (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts [16GB+] of it as it won't be required)
50GB+ HDD (Preferably SATA3 or SSD) (Installation alone is ~20GB. Also, keep log files in mind! These get HUGE if not pruned)
Bandwidth at least 2TB a month. Hive and Player client communication accounts for A LOT of bandwidth.

I understand the above is what dayz needs but below is the server I am thinking of purchasing.

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Quadcore Haswell (incl. Hyper-Threading Technology) @3.4-3.9ghz (4 cores 8 threads)
32 GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
1 Gbit/s-Port Guaranteed Bandwidth
200 Mbit/s
Traffic 20 TB*

I am thinking of splitting the server into two VPS so two cores running on 3.4gz and have the website/TS on one (over 1000 members 300 daily visiting and 250 slots TS) VPS and the DayZ server running on the other. How would this be? could we push two servers etc or one server should be fine around ~50 players or even more.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Krypter

Hi, I am looking into a new dedibox to offset our community cost, I have done some research but would love some feedback.

I understand the above is what dayz needs but below is the server I am thinking of purchasing.

I am thinking of splitting the server into two VPS so two cores running on 3.4gz and have the website/TS on one (over 1000 members 300 daily visiting and 250 slots TS) VPS and the DayZ server running on the other. How would this be? could we push two servers etc or one server should be fine around ~50 players or even more.

Thanks for your time!

The server you posted below is far better than the first one. Arma is dependent on a higher clock speed so the 3.4ghz with the turbo to 3.9Ghz will help you out a lot.

Not onto splitting them into VPS.  DO NOT SPLIT THEM!!! There has been a discussion about this in the Arma Server admins Skype groups and there is a huge lag issue and performance hit if you run your arma servers via a vps. If you're wanting to run a webite / ts and dayz servers your more than able to run them off the main machine with no really reason to split them. Unless you're wanting to run windows as your base os and create a vps with Linux on for your website servers but leave it at that.

Hi thank you for your reply.

The first server was just what I have found in the "Recommended Server".

As for the VPS, DayZ will still have 2 cores running at full 3.4GHz-3.9GHz would this still suffer?

The only reason is so that they are isolated from each other incase a reboot etc.

So your saying this server is more than capable of running what I want?

Website 1000+ Daily visits

250 TS Slots (always full)

Dayz Server (could I squeeze another?)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Krypter

As for the VPS, DayZ will still have 2 cores running at full 3.4GHz-3.9GHz would this still suffer?

The only reason is so that they are isolated from each other incase a reboot etc.

With that system you should be able to get around 3, 50 slot dayz servers running.

Even though you're correct and arma is only going to use 2 cores it will lag to hell on a vps. There has been massive talk about this in the arma server admins skype group and dwarden has stated that on a vps your server is going to lag. I can back that up as i have tried to run a dayz server on a vps and at about 30 + players the game because horrible. Lag and desync all over the place, which makes playinh dayz a horrible experiance.

If you're worried about reboot then as i stated above shove the webserver and ts on a vps. As long as the arma servers are not running on the vps you're fine. You can create and use as many vps as you would like.

Edited by cortez

First server seems a little bit too low for your needs - and the second seems a little bit too much. You could run multiple servers though. I would setup trough Gentoo linux and setup as vmware server and have a seperate os for each function, saving time on backups. It's easier to backup a whole wmare in an image. Thats how i would operate under your needs. 

but as i said - first one too weak 

second seems a little bit too much for the needs listed. 

I strongly suggest a separate machine for the webserver and teamspeak server.

Edited by sYs

First server seems a little bit too low for your needs - and the second seems a little bit too much. You could run multiple servers though. I would setup trough Gentoo linux and setup as vmware server and have a seperate os for each function, saving time on backups. It's easier to backup a whole wmare in an image. Thats how i would operate under your needs. 

but as i said - first one too weak 

second seems a little bit too much for the needs listed. 

I strongly suggest a separate machine for the webserver and teamspeak server.

Stick to windows as your base OS. You need it for arma servers in any case and linux + mono is not really a good setup in any  case.

But you can use hyper v within windows server 2012 which is a massive improvement over early version and shove on linux or what ever you want for your web server.