Sign in to follow this  
Judas666

Servers with a lot of people or servers with few people.

Which do you guys suggest for me to join if I want to experience DAYZ as the game it is. Is it bad that I join a server with a few people to grab some gear then join a server with tons of people when I am fully geared?

Which do you guys suggest for me to join if I want to experience DAYZ as the game it is. Is it bad that I join a server with a few people to grab some gear then join a server with tons of people when I am fully geared?

Well it's totally up to you decide. Currently server hopping (and gearing on empty servers) is possible and thus not punishable. Many people disaaprove it though. I personally think that finding loot and interacting with other players is the absolutely most exciting thing in this game. Since there is not much to do in the current version of the standalone, I feel that losing the threat of other players makes the game really boring. Do you really feel that you have earned the gear you will loot on empty servers or with server hopping?

I recently died cause my computer froze when I was bleeding, I had to open task manager. But yeah I had some pretty decent gear and I think I was pretty ready. So it's not that bad that I look on empty servers then join other servers with tons of people?

So it's not that bad that I look on empty servers then join other servers with tons of people?

No, it's not punishable but as I said many people disapprove it. Server hopping will probably be prevented on upcoming updates so then you probably must learn to gear on any server anyways. I trust me, after you have played a while you don't even want to gear up on empty servers. It is just freaking thrilling to meet other people!

Well, since KOS is rampant in the servers, I think I wouldn't really meet some good people, but I do hope I meet some nice NON-KOS people, other than getting shot in the head by a KOSing bandit.

Well, since KOS is rampant in the servers, I think I wouldn't really meet some good people, but I do hope I meet some nice NON-KOS people, other than getting shot in the head by a KOSing bandit.

True, currently may people will kill you on sight. However, people don't really know how to approach players correctly; if they used voice chat and showed up without a weapon they probably wouldn't be killed so often. It is also weird why people are so scared of dying, it's half of this game. Moreover, it takes like 30 minutes to gear up again on the current version so I don't see why dying would be that big of a deal. You will never meet friendly people if you are not trying to be friendly by yourself. You will probably die by doing this but you will also find pretty cool people play hang around with.

True, currently may people will kill you on sight. However, people don't really know how to approach players correctly; if they used voice chat and showed up without a weapon they probably wouldn't be killed so often. It is also weird why people are so scared of dying, it's half of this game. Moreover, it takes like 30 minutes to gear up again on the current version so I don't see why dying would be that big of a deal. You will never meet friendly people if you are not trying to be friendly by yourself. You will probably die by doing this but you will also find pretty cool people play hang around with.

Alright mate, thanks a lot, I'll try to be friendly to most of the people I meet now. I'll stay on a policy that if they don't speak, I'll have to kill them.