Sign in to follow this  
H4K33M

Suggestions for DayZ? (Sleeping Suggestion)

Since I can't find a suggestion topic in the forums, I've decided to make this post into a mini-suggestion type topic thing

My suggestion is that a sleep feature is added to the game where you make a bed and lie down in it.

Many people won't agree with my idea because it is a multiplayer game and you can't fasten time when you sleep so it'd be pointless

But it could be useful, just like in real life sleep provides energy and refreshment, so maybe to pay off the time wasted for sleeping the player will get (diseases?) cured? Or perhaps it adds an extra sleeping bonus?

This feature will add a lot of interesting things that can occur in the game, for example -

Instead of a person infiltrating a camp at night only because the dark helps with cover, the sleeping feature can also be a factor that the player will consider when thinking about doing the action.

Camps/Bases (if added) will feel more homely because having a resting place can make a player feel very comforted.

You can say this line, "Yeah, the bandits are dead. I killed them in their sleep."

HOW EPIC WOULD THAT BE????!!!!!

We will find out if the developers decide to add this feature in.

Also I dont know if the mod had this but this idea came straight from my brain 

Thanks

Edited by H4K33M

I think something like useful resting is eventually going to be implemented. One probably needs a tent for. Then it may provide a well rested charakter for a certain amount of time. I doupt that it is going to be real time as it would be a rather boring game play element.

Besides of that, nice idea.

Cool but if it were not real time then how would the character resting have the same time as another person on the server who supposedly did not sleep?

Supposely they design it a bit like it was in the mod. And maybe to add to your suggestion, it would be cool if the player is able to sleep in beds of the interiors.

This would give interiors more purpose ans they would feel more useful besides of loot locations. Making it more like a hideout. One could house in an flat somewhere away, maybe sleeping and a bit cooking there. Don't lough, such things enhance immersion.

Edited by Ken Bean

It seems quite useless honestly, having a sleep method is useful in single player RPG's because it passes time quickly.  In MMO's it does nothing beneficial, if given a bonus, what will it do?  If they do implement it, it would have to be a required thing or no one would use it, and those that did would be missing out on loot, it also makes you completely defenseless.  I don't see it happening, i mean, the only thing I could see it doing is to give you some sort of "rested" feeling, in which it would help with shakiness while aiming, definitely wouldn't cure any sicknesses.  At most sleep becomes a required thing, like eating, and then how would you keep track of that? how often would it make you sleep? How long would you have to sleep before being "rested"? It seems like a boring feature, I don't play most games to sit in the same spot "sleeping" for five minutes, If I wanted that I'd go to bed at 1:30 in the morning, not stay up playing DayZ... lol.