Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Compound Bow?

I know i know, the crossbow is already coming to the game later on.  Heard that they are having a few problems with it atm but i dont really know any details or anything.  I know everyone wants to be like Darryl from TWD, i mean dont get me wrong, hes a badass for sure.  

If there is a place for a crossbow in the game, there is most definitely a place for a compound bow later down the road.  It shouldnt be to hard to achieve for the devs considering they get the technical difficulties fixed for the crossbow.

Me personally, i cannot wait for a gillie suit and the bow to do some stalking and silent kills.  Its going to be great.

Does anyone know if the bows are going to be considered as a primary weapon or not??  If they are primary its going to be a true challenge to master.  But it would be awesome for it to take the place of the axe, as another silent weapon for taking out zombies.

Anyways, hopefully the bow in this game is actually usable unlike the Mod version, which was laughable imo.

Its not like im asking for unlimited amounts of AS50's or M107's.  Just a simple compound bow.

Your thoughts??

post-184401-0-13368200-1388833296_thumb.

• Like 1

Stuff like this are great ideas but not really what the alpha is for, Content is for Beta, Alpha is more mechanics, making stuff work. 

But I'd also like to see a bow come Beta that would be awesome.

• Like 1

In my opinion the compound bow will not compete with other suppressed rifles. I think the only time people will pick it up is when they don't have any other protection.

The compound bow was horrible in the mod.

Of course the Bow will not be able to compete with suppressed rifles.  Its the point of the challenge aspect of it.  

I will not be excited once again finding arrows and quivers in dayz, unless we get a real bow, stuff the crossbow with its optics. I want to pull back a big dirty huntsman bow and whizzle an arrow into a big fat elk.

• Like 2

In my opinion the compound bow will not compete with other suppressed rifles. I think the only time people will pick it up is when they don't have any other protection.

The compound bow was horrible in the mod.

The crossbow was horrible in the mod because not only was it actually rarer than some weapons (and its' arrows rarer than some ammo), it also only held one arrow per slot (and for the longest time there were no quivers) meaning that effectively using it in any situation was pointless. The sights also sucked.

I can imagine that in the standalone there will be better optics you can mount on the crossbow (And different types of crossbows/arrows?) and it will become a much more effective weapon, although guns will always outclass it. The idea is not that every gun is equal in some way, but that each gun can be effective. Military-grade weapons will generally perform better in combat, because they were designed for that, but they have rarer ammunition in most cases.

Yea i was so disappointed in the crossbow from the mod.  Im sure it was because of the arma engine, they had troubles with it.  Hopefully with the SA being its own engine.  The so called Arma 2.5 engine lol they can do the bows right this time around.