Sign in to follow this  
foolee

Rework of server selction screen and player balancing.

Well to start off I love the game. But if realism is what you are trying to achieve then a few things much change. To start off what I'm proposing will probably bring some naysayers . But if you don't cheat hack or server jump then you should not have a problem with my suggestions. First, according to the wikia the developer is considering porting this game to consoles pending the success of the PC version. If you look at FPS console games then most like the Halo series do not let you select a server. When you play online you are thrown into the mix on a server that provides you with the best connection. You can select what type of game you want to play but you cannot select the server. The second thing is you can play online with your friends in groups. What I'm proposing is removing the server selection screen completely. Allow people to spawn independently or in small groups. This will fix a few things. It will prevent server jumping completely. It will allow clan's, and promote group play. Nothing is more frustrating than playing for 3 hours to meet up with your buddies to get shot shortly after by player X. The final thing it will fix is server load balancing. If you look at the server menu all the night time servers are pretty much always empty, day time servers are packed. If the game dynamically assigned you to a server to play on you should not be able to pick day or night. Being forced to play on a night time server would help with server loads dramatically and also help promote realism. The final suggestion I have is remove the 3rd person view completely. Never in my life have a had a camera follow me around from like 10 feet in the air. This game should be 1st person only.

In summery here is the list of things to change:

-Remove the server menu and replace with a dynamic server/client connection system that forces daytime/nighttime play.

-Allow spawning in small groups, lan/clan play.

-Remove 3rd person view (not realistic at all)

Edited by Foolee
  • Like 1

1. Agreee.

2. I sleep at night in real life so it wouldn't be realistic to not sleep in game.

3. Remove 3rd person view because it's not realistic? Or because you can't use it properly?

Is drinking a soda on the first floor and then being thirsty after walking down stairs realistic?

3rd person view was always there and will probably stay if you don't like it, press Enter!

Edited by TheOnlyFakeDeath

I don't use it, I play on a server that claims 3P/off. But if realism is what they are trying to achieve start with the simple things. Things like how far you can walk/run are also things that need to be addressed. I was talking to my brother today, and I had a few other ideas but for Items. The game currently has large hiking backpacks. Most of these backpacks have slots for water batters like the ones Platypus sells.http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/hydration-systems/category. More survival gear would be cool. Obviously these would be rare finds because not everyone under the sun owns one.

1. This will most likley change when vehicles and bases are in. These will be only on one server and if you change your server this stuff will be gone.

2. I think Dean have this suggestions a pretty much a "No"

3. 3rd person will only be aviable on about 1/3 of the servers in the future.