Sign in to follow this  
DestinyCloud

Is DayZ too easy?

-Just as a quick note, I've been playing this mod for a few weeks, I've just lurked on the forums without an account until now.-

I find Dayz to be too easy in some certain area's. Such as loot, the spawning system and death.

Loot, for me, spawns far too frequently and in designated area's that I know I can find a weapon if I just sit around for a bit or if I walk into a store there is a chance that a Winchester could just be sitting there. Just recently I spawned in Elektro and found a M10 with some food. This is completely unrealistic as stuff such as weapons would be insanely difficlut to find. I think the spawning should be randomised and the percentage chance for items be changed, making it much more harder and more realistic.

Spawning is another issue. You spawn and head right, leading to Cherno and Elektro, where you can find all the supplies you need. I believe the spawning should be randomised further, so you can spawn further inland than just on the coast. This would ramp up the difficulty as you would have to find a map, check your position and plan accordingly. Not just spawn at coast, walk right, find Cherno, loot, ???, Profit.

Death is also a issue for me, it seems way too forgiving, coupled with the spawning. I died with my Alice pack, M4, G10 and enough food, drink and medicine to survive for a good few days from a sniper. I didn't create a impact with me that I died, I just respawn and walk to Cherno or Elektro and just pick up where I died from. Death needs to create a impact for me, something like a 5 minute delay or coupled with the randomised spawning, so you know you would have re-think and restart in another area.

Those were just some of my views on the difficulty at this point. DayZ is meant to be a anti-game but with some of these issues, it's just a bit too forgiving.

-Thanks for reading : DestinyCloud

Just do what everyone else does. Play like its deathmatch. If you play otherwise then you are a carebear noob and you are not hardcore.

And if you have a problem with it then you will get banned.

Don't worry, the game changes so much that at the moment how easy or hard it is is kind of irrelevant. We will most likely be thrown a bunch of new features to test in the coming weeks that will completely change gameplay again.

There's too many ranged weapons spawning! Its like the games a first person shooter or something...

No, weapons need to stay the way they are. You may not need all the ammo/guns you're finding but one of the other 49 players on the server who come after you may need a weapon.

I do like the randomized spawning. The only problem is if you're a veteran player you should know how to get from where you are to a place that has good loot anyway. Think about it, no matter where you would spawn you're near a place with good supplies. Stary/Novy Sobor, NW, NE, or Balota Airfield, Berezinho, Cherno, Elektro, Zelenogorsk, and Solichiny. Yes it adds more variety to the game play but it doesn't stop you from getting most of the supplies you really need right away.

I want to die, I want everyone else to die.I want as many things as possible to be able to kill me in this mod as long as they aren't about falling down stairs.

i'd say its not too easy because you're pretty much guaranteed to die if you keep playing. No one will survive forever lol