Sign in to follow this  
turbotoast

Can't stay connected

I can't seem to stay connected to any server for longer than 10 minutes. I can always log right back into another server, but eventually I get the "no message received" counter and loose my connection. This is making the game almost impossible to play. I never actually loose my internet connection (testing through second computer), and my ping is always in the 40-50's. I searched, but can find no articles relating to this. Anybody know what is going on?

I  can't be the only one having this problem. Is there port forwarding that needs to be done if your modem is also a router even if you're connected via ehernet.

This happens to me usually after about an hour, but not every time Ive logged on.  My internet doesnt slow down a bit, but I get that red chain link and the clock starts counting. 

I also noticed that if I click "details" on the server page, the ping it shows doesnt match the one shown on the list...its usually considerably worse.

It might be the server resetting to maintain loot, alot of servers are set like that, I know of one called Loot Monsters or something...

*Deleted*

Not paying attention.

Edited by teufel937

This happens to me usually after about an hour, but not every time Ive logged on.  My internet doesnt slow down a bit, but I get that red chain link and the clock starts counting. 

I also noticed that if I click "details" on the server page, the ping it shows doesnt match the one shown on the list...its usually considerably worse.

It happens within 10 minutes no matter what server I'm on

It might be the server resetting to maintain loot, alot of servers are set like that, I know of one called Loot Monsters or something...

I thought that may be the case, but it happens within a max of ten minutes every time i log on.

My problem is something with my connection. Took PC to a new location and it works fine

I was wondering about this myself, as soon as i start playing i loose connection every few minutes. it comes and goes causing real problems with trying to move and use inventory. Now that you moved your location is your connectivity stable? i wasen't sure if this is just my system or if other people are having the same issue. I know my internet service provider starts cutting back the service in the evenings which may be part of my problem.

Well right now it seems everything is on the fritz, every server I join is acting funny, rubberbanding constantly.

I was wondering about this myself, as soon as i start playing i loose connection every few minutes. it comes and goes causing real problems with trying to move and use inventory. Now that you moved your location is your connectivity stable? i wasen't sure if this is just my system or if other people are having the same issue. I know my internet service provider starts cutting back the service in the evenings which may be part of my problem.

Yeah it's stable now. I'm able to play without getting dropped at all. I may have trouble connecting here and there, but once I find a good server I'm pretty much golden. Now I just gotta figure out why my game keeps minimizing on it's own lol. Oh the joys of Alpha gaming.