tekytek

Admin kicks for playing alone

The Admin Lik is kicking me and my friend off his Server every time i try to connect. I am just joining the lobby and he kicks me. I think you can do something against this. Its the Server DE #38

right now he killed me because i was in a vehicle and got kicked and as i reconnected i was laying under the car and got killed for no reason ...

Admins cannot kill players using admin tools.

You were shot.

Do you have screenshots of you getting kicked from the game?

You were killed because you were in the vehicle and then you got kicked. So the admin actually killed you.

God forbid you got kicked by an abusing admin, you need to have a camera imbedded in your asshole in order to show proof from it for anyone to admit they did wrong (looking at the history here). Admins are the gods around here, no video proof, no ban repeal. Good luck.

It goes around too, admins needs to constantly screen shot/ film evrything in order to kick/ban a player for the right reasons.

Seems to me alot of hate goes to the people paying for the servers you play on for free.

It goes around too' date=' admins needs to constantly screen shot/ film evrything in order to kick/ban a player for the right reasons.

Seems to me alot of hate goes to the people paying for the servers you play on for free.

[/quote']As they should. There is quite a waiting list for people looking to host these servers on the whitelist. There are certain responsibilities that come with hosting a server of this type. Just going around kicking people as you please without any justification beyond "wah wah they killed me" is not acceptable.

People who run whitelist servers need to know they are not able to do it because they are favored in any way, they do so as a service only, no benefit provided. If they can't take that, then move along and blacklist.

The fact that people ask those who are banned for evidence to prove they didn't get banned maliciously is ridiculous. Server admins should have to provide many levels of evidence that can't be easily manipulated to provide evidence for a ban. Anything otherwise should be an unban and warning to admin with 3 strikes blacklist policy.

Sorry Bonny but I think its a two way street, proof both ways or nothing. I have run into people I have kicked out of my group that report my admins for things that aren't true. Proof is a two way street.

Aside from that, people really need to knock off the shit about server admins VS players, its utter and complete crap.

Sorry Bonny but I think its a two way street' date=' proof both ways or nothing. I have run into people I have kicked out of my group that report my admins for things that aren't true. Proof is a two way street.

Aside from that, people really need to knock off the shit about server admins VS players, its utter and complete crap.

[/quote']Proof is absolutely not a two way street. Those accusing another of misconduct must provide evidence, not the other way around. Evidence which is overwhelming and can't easily be tampered with. Doesn't matter if it's an admin banning a player or a player accusing an admin. Those accusing need concrete evidence.

To suggest an admin can simply ban a player and expect the player to prove the admin is lying is ridiculous. Whoever is accusing of inappropriate action needs to provide evidence, one should not be presumed guilty until proven innocent simply because of the status of the person accusing.

Sorry Bonny but I think its a two way street' date=' proof both ways or nothing. I have run into people I have kicked out of my group that report my admins for things that aren't true. Proof is a two way street.

[/quote']Proof is absolutely not a two way street. Those accusing another of misconduct must provide evidence, not the other way around. Evidence which is overwhelming and can't easily be tampered with. Doesn't matter if it's an admin banning a player or a player accusing an admin. Those accusing need concrete evidence.

To suggest an admin can simply ban a player and expect the player to prove the admin is lying is ridiculous. Whoever is accusing of inappropriate action needs to provide evidence, one should not be presumed guilty until proven innocent simply because of the status of the person accusing.

What is with your admin hate? Let me guess you got global banned and now are trying to make trouble like all children do when they get smacked in the face and told to grow up.

A person being assumed guilty until proven innocent because of the accusers status happens everyday in america when the police arrest someone. They put you in cuffs and haul you to jail until you can be proven innocent.

Let a hacker come in and kill everyone in the server without anyone recording it and you will be in here first crying ZOMG HAXOOORRRRRZZZZZ KILLED ME GIVE ME MY BEANS BACK AND BAN HIM!!!!!!!

Walk a mile or 7 in an admins shoes before you continue to completely destroy your cause like you are doing to your reputation. I would love to see you on the global ban list for "hates dayz so he can't play anymore". It is an alpha, get over it, the rules are going to change to fit the communities needs as with ANY alpha or beta for that matter. That is why they have alpha and beta releases, not for whiny ass hats to complain about without helping the community in any way shape or form.

thank you Legacy, i was just in rage and it was the first category i saw. if you guys want i can make a video of him kicking me without reason he is still doing that and wont stop it. This server is against the rules :

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

is there now a way to blacklist him, i dont want to get my stuff back but at least he should get a punishment or something like it

#edit here is the video of me getting kicked :

What is with your admin hate? Let me guess you got global banned and now are trying to make trouble like all children do when they get smacked in the face and told to grow up.

A person being assumed guilty until proven innocent because of the accusers status happens everyday in america when the police arrest someone. They put you in cuffs and haul you to jail until you can be proven innocent.

Let a hacker come in and kill everyone in the server without anyone recording it and you will be in here first crying ZOMG HAXOOORRRRRZZZZZ KILLED ME GIVE ME MY BEANS BACK AND BAN HIM!!!!!!!

Walk a mile or 7 in an admins shoes before you continue to completely destroy your cause like you are doing to your reputation. I would love to see you on the global ban list for "hates dayz so he can't play anymore". It is an alpha' date=' get over it, the rules are going to change to fit the communities needs as with ANY alpha or beta for that matter. That is why they have alpha and beta releases, not for whiny ass hats to complain about without helping the community in any way shape or form.

[/quote']I bought the game a few days ago and have played a bit, no bans here. But I'm sure calling out scrubby server admins like yourself will earn me one since you think you're some fucking god or something.

Let's step back and look at this. This admin wants to be able to ban anyone he wants without proof. He wants the onus to be on the people he bans, not himself for banning them. Fucking ridiculous. Who does this guy think he is? How will we know if the person is a hacker or just someone who stole your loot. Pathetic. Maybe someone should look into this guy's server and see what kind of abuses he's hiding with that attitude.

What server do you run?

Also your claim of guilty until proven innocent in America shows a clear lack of understanding. Police take someone in based on the circumstantial evidence at the scene, then a prosecutor must prove to a judge or grand jury that they should be allowed to further hold them based on the evidence they provide otherwise they must be released, a prosecutor also has to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) to a jury or judge if the defendant chooses a bench trial that the defendant is guilty of the crime they are accused of. What you want is some judge dredd bullshit where you get to decide on the fly to ban someone without ever being accountable to anyone, you're a fucking pathetic joke.

Also your claim of guilty until proven innocent in America shows a clear lack of understanding. Police take someone in based on the circumstantial evidence at the scene, then a prosecutor must prove to a judge or grand jury that they should be allowed to further hold them based on the evidence they provide otherwise they must be released, a prosecutor also has to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) to a jury or judge if the defendant chooses a bench trial that the defendant is guilty of the crime they are accused of. What you want is some judge dredd bullshit where you get to decide on the fly to ban someone without ever being accountable to anyone, you're a fucking pathetic joke.

***Yawn*** ....Sounds like Barrack Room and Internet Lawyer babble to me...lots of words, but just meaningless hot air debating the rights and wrongs of the law so you can puff your chest out to prove a moot point that no one really cares about anyway. Some people are doer's others are talkers and complainers, you fall into the latter catagories.....If you really want a say in how servers should be run, put your money where your mouth is. Instead of complaining on forums about bad admins, host your own ArmA or DayZ server and contribute to the Community, show everyone what a good admin should be, then others might take some notice of what you have to say....I am sure your reply will be full of your own self importance, sprinkled with insults and swear words here and there, but it really doesn't mean that much to others who do something meaningful for the ArmA and DayZ Community. Everyone wants their opinions heard, so long as someone else pays for it, but most like you wont put their hand in their pocket and pay for a server, but you moan about how bad others are at running theirs. You bought a game a couple of days ago that's been released in its various forms and addon's since 2006 and now you think your opinion on others who have supported ArmA since it came out really means much?...it doesn't... Your contribution to the ArmA and DayZ Community so far has been ZERO....nothing but words and complaints. Talk is cheap, host your own server and show everyone what a good admin should be then....but i am sure you'll find an excuse not to... :rolleyes:

If challenged, it makes sense for an Admin to be transparent and supply evidence of a rightful ban. If an admin refuses to, its either dodgy or the admin has neglected proper procedure or 'common sense' that should come naturally for a matured admin understanding the ramifications of abuse in conjunction to their server ( think hive ).

Its not about having a two way street, its about having material to backup your ban to shutdown a thread hindering a flame war from taking place. If you can't prove it wasn't a wrongful ban, you did something wrong.

Jock, a good admin is probably a poor choice of words. We should call it a 'smart admin', someone who understands how to protect their server, deal with bans, have a procedure in place to collect evidence and only ban upon successful investigation. Its very simple to take screenshots and document. If this is to hard, get another admin who has the integrity to do so.

We can go on and on about who needs evidence to support their claim, wouldn't it be smarter and easier for the admin to just say, here is the evidence, enjoy your ban.

One would think so.

We can go on and on about who needs evidence to support their claim' date=' wouldn't it be smarter and easier for the admin to just say, here is the evidence, enjoy your ban.

One would think so.

[/quote']

Maybe, but where i live, you need to show proof, not hear say when you accuse someone of something, why should the admin constantly have to be on the defensive because anyone acting like a complete twat on a server, can make a two minute post on these forums and the admin is then left to prove they done nothing wrong. By all means if the dev's find time to check the server logs and decide the ban or kick was inappropriate, then penalise the server owner. But as it stands someone making an accusation against a server has nothing to lose, if their appeal against a ban gets upheld the ban gets lifted and the server owner might be warned, penalised or blacklisted, but if it turns out to be a fabricated bunch of lies to cause trouble, as has happened to me because i asked a couple of players to stop complaining and swearing because they didn't like the way some run n' gunners were playing the game, they continued typing just swear words in chat to defy me...when i gave them a two day ban for disrupting the game, they posted on the forums they didn't do anything and i had banned them for nothing, they then got their friends to post in the thread complaining i had done similar things to them. I had all the server logs showing they were the first two idiots we had banned, and when i offered to show it to any devs who wanted to see them, i heard nothing more about it from the two players... they then just move to another server...there's nothing in place to stop anyone making a false accusation. If you want onus of proof on Server admins, then penalise false allegations by players out to cause trouble for servers because they got banned for acting like halfwits.

Its quite simple, this is not your hometown, same laws don't apply, to stop flame wars and a general public outcry about admins being the devil, provide evidence. There is no argument, it is simply easier, quicker and clears the matter immediately.

## BONUS ##

It would show your a trustworthy admin who administrates by a set regulation, where no one will get favouritism.

Again, why wouldn't you, make your life easier.

Well...just as you said before, we can go on about it forever, you may feel that's an easier option, but I just feel its innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around and because someone gets pissed off at you, they can point a finger make an accusation then sit back and i then have to prove i haven't done anything. It doesn't work like like in real life for a reason. But anyway...I have said my piece, so I'll bow out of this thread and leave the floor to whoever wants it.

I have also had trouble with DE #38 admins. A friend and I went to the trouble of setting up a vehicle and base on this server and as soon as an admin is in they kick everyone except their friends. I have even sat in the lobby and watched as at least 10-20 different people tried to join and were all removed. This is happening constantly and they can't say it's for excessive ping as most of the people had less ping than the admins.

Edit: Just so you know I'm not demanding any action to be taken or anything like that, was just sharing my experience with that server also. Honestly for a free mod which is still in alpha we have no right to demand anything.

God forbid you got kicked by an abusing admin' date=' you need to have a camera imbedded in your asshole in order to show proof from it for anyone to admit they did wrong (looking at the history here). Admins are the gods around here, no video proof, no ban repeal. Good luck.

[/quote']

I agree its ridiculous have to run FRAPs constantly during every play session on the off chance that you get screwed by a hacker or admin, but realistically what other fair option is there? We cant condemn people without evidence. We have to have due process, not witch hunts. Often these restarts etc are due to Hive, Netcode or other technical issues and misunderstandings. Abuse is definitely going on though, I think the issue right now is the Devs are having a hard time finding solutions. I am sure they will but I'm also sure it wont be easy and wont happen over night. I think it would go along way though for them to go on the record and say they are aware of the issue and working on it.

trying to make trouble like all children do when they get smacked in the face and told to grow up.

You think it's ok to smack children in the face?

389994-smacking-can-lower-a-child-039-s-iq.jpg

GROW UP!...Wait that's not his face...nm