outer gamer

Tools for modders to create new maps?

Hello everyone. I wonder if you know something of new tools to create new maps for Standalone, possible dates, features, or will be the same as the Arma 2.

Thanks

There are no tools for that, and I don't think there will ever be. Hopefully there won't be made any.

There are no tools for that, and I don't think there will ever be. Hopefully there won't be made any.

I thought Rocket said 100% they would be supporting that, considering this game started as a mod and all.

There are. You know how similar Arma II, III, and DayZ are, right? From Podagorsk to Chern+, you can swap stuff into arma 3 and start dropping in vehicle or whatever. The editing tools share similar compatibility.

Edited by Erik204

I would love to see a map editor some day... obviously waaaaay in the future but some day... i would love to be able to create my hometown and run around surviving there... would be pretty cool I think.

There will be no tools also the tools are the same as arma 2 and take on heli, but he said that he want new maps but he would try to talk to those who made maps to arma 2 like namalsk and import that way around. Reason for no tools is it open up the game to much so its easy'r to exploit. 

Its my understanding of the situation. 

So if u want a map make one to arma 2 get people to play it :D then one day u might see it in dayz SA

It's not that hard. The tools are out there already, the only difficulty is that if you're trying now, you're trying to hit the side of a barn flying at mach 2, 2000 ft up. There won't be anything significant until the feature set of the engine and core game settles down a bit. There is too much in flux at the moment to really test anything like a map or mod.

But be assured, that there are a few people with their eyes pointed in that direction, and willing to play the 'what-if' game.