Serious Stan

DayZ Slavery.

is it allowed in dayz to enslave another player and sell him for a can of beans?

Your slave could do stuff for you like collecting materials and food. 

Its possible to a certain degree depending on RP from the slave point of view. Even if he doesnt want to be a slave maybe its a question of his means of breaking his RP stand or break out of it.. 

Allowed or not doesnt really matter, but is it legal?

• Like 1

legal? this isn't real life if you want to try and get someone to stay logged in and be a slave good luck. 

• Like 1

It is sandbox game, why would it be illegal? And I dont think that with the current player base you could do it. Its sad true, that people would rather get them killed or run away or simply disconnect. I wouldnt do that because RP is one of the coolest thing you can do in this game in my opinion.

Always takes 2 persons for slavery to work...the master and the slave. If either doesn't agree to it, won't work.

Now, in DayZ, If you can set up the proper situation (with people watching) and the proper players (agreeing to it), then you can do it already. However, since this is a game, you'll most likely end up with what people cannot do in real life in such circumstances: don't care about dying/suffering and log out :)

Well while I dislike combat loggers and hope it will be fixed, I think only naive player can expect other player to willingly waste his play time to be somebody's slave.

Come on lads, you can handcuff them, take their blood, feed them rotten fruit or worse, rob them naked, melee or shoot them, but don't you dare to think you can take their freedom !

• Like 1

In dayz you can do whatever you want as long as both players want to do I think it's run to RP in this game because of all the great things you can do.

You could do it, it's possible. But a lot of voluntary action/roleplay would need to be involved. Sounds pretty stupid to be honest, but hey, someone people are into guns, other people are into...well..LOL

You could do it, it's possible. But a lot of voluntary action/roleplay would need to be involved. Sounds pretty stupid to be honest, but hey, someone people are into guns, other people are into...well..LOL

Well, I guess on a somewhat stable server with a solid community base, you might have some people organizing some "labor for protection" system. Anyone out of the organization caught with a gun would be "handled" but if you submitted and agreed to provide X amount of supplies per Y amount of time, they'd take care of the security in an area or something.

IF such system would allow for somewhat "safe" game-play to people, might work.

1 can of (refried) beans from La Costena.

Hmm,

maybe i will. Its a female slave and shes hard to train trust me

Hmm,

maybe i will. Its a female slave and shes hard to train trust me

2 cans of beans, I'm just going to shoot her in the head when you give her to me.

You might have better luck on some of the RP servers for DayZ mod at the moment. 

Currently there are a ton of new players who don't understand we have been dealing with combat logging and server hopping for a long time now already and think they are really clever to disconnect with their precious beans at the mere sight of another person. 

You might have better luck on some of the RP servers for DayZ mod at the moment. 

Currently there are a ton of new players who don't understand we have been dealing with combat logging and server hopping for a long time now already and think they are really clever to disconnect with their precious beans at the mere sight of another person. 

its not combat logging if the person was not in combat, just seeing someone doesn't merit a combat status.

is it allowed in dayz to enslave another player and sell him for a can of beans?

Its possible to a certain degree depending on RP from the slave point of view. Even if he doesnt want to be a slave maybe its a question of his means of breaking his RP stand or break out of it.. 

Well, they would probably just take off the first chance they get unless you're actually taking care of them.

related:

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

A can of beans and all the Dinki-Di you can carry.

Edited by raynor009

Is this a troll post, how exactly are you gonna enslave someone??

I like how people are saying this isnt illegal, or calling it a troll post. Guys, the OP's name is "Serious Stan"

Maybe later on in the game... however there will always be that level of "choice" the person will ALWAYS be able to run away if they so choose.... It's do able... you'de probably just want like 3 people or more watching over him in case he did try to run.... common man think outside the box! you can do whatever the hell you want in dayz... getting others to play along however is another story...