Krobar

Large Tents (Not Camping Tents!)

Now every good group likes to set up a base right? So once you've designated your spot you move vehicles there, set up camping tents and barricades, and that whole lot.

But what about something to make it really feel like a camp or a base?

Instead of just having the little 6 x 3 x 4 tents available for construction why not have the large military tents found near military camps or hospitals available?

Now my suggestion wouldn't be taking these tents from their set up location on map but finding them as loot. Having different specifications for each, such as barracks, supply, medical, and command, and possibly having 1-3 storage spots in each tent.

Now you may ask: "What will stop people from just putting them everywhere?"

I would respond: "They can put them anywhere they can fit, if they can find them."

Yes I am indicating that they need quite level ground and their rarity be very high similar to NVGs or even higher. Also I would suggest that they only be found where similar tents are placed on map or in military bases or possibly in military vehicles.

This brings me to my next point, transporting the tent. I suggest that the tent, given its size, take 10-12 slots in ones inventory and possibly consume the backpack slot along with it.

Now my final point is destruction and deconstruction of the tents. I am relatively indifferent to how deconstruction and destruction would work but I may suggest that it works just as camping tents did.

Put forth your opinion people of Chernarus any constructive criticism is welcome!

i don't like this idea. reason being i am in the military and the tents you are referring to are HUGE there is no way one person could realistically carry them look up temper tents because that is what you are referring to.

Now if you could pick it up in about 3 or 4 parts that would be different because it would make more sense logically and it would support team play because you would need a few people to be able to get it and then defend it.

i don't like this idea. reason being i am in the military and the tents you are referring to are HUGE there is no way one person could realistically carry them look up temper tents because that is what you are referring to.

Now if you could pick it up in about 3 or 4 parts that would be different because it would make more sense logically and it would support team play because you would need a few people to be able to get it and then defend it.

What if they were spawned in random locations throughout the map (similar to crash sites), and it required a vehicle to load them in to? I think this would furthermore increase the rarity of them as even if a player does find one, the chances of him having a car are extremely small and if he has does manage to have a car, he might not get back in time before someone else stumbles upon it.

I like your idea of having pieces to the tent as well, maybe even combine both of them for even greater teamplay.

What if you would need Sandbags + 2xTents + Military Tent Guidebook to make a Military tent ?

Or something similar ? As i heard rocket would like to add more combinational stuff into the game. This would be good example for groups.

Signed.

(how do you quote? new to the forum and have not figured it out yet :P)

I like the car idea. because these tents should be hard to find and even harder to get. the car idea also enables lone wolf players to be able to get one as well but how they would defend it i have no idea maybe they are just epic like that.

Now the Sandbags + 2xTents + Military Tent Guidebook is alright i would personally take out the sand bags cause you can always use like the wire fencing or such to use in its place.The amount of sand bags you would need for it you wouldn't be able to transport well even in a car.

the military book idea is great though because i don't even remember how to put these damn things together lol all i remember is keep your hands of yellow! lol

(how do you quote? new to the forum and have not figured it out yet :P)

I like the car idea. because these tents should be hard to find and even harder to get. the car idea also enables lone wolf players to be able to get one as well but how they would defend it i have no idea maybe they are just epic like that.

Now the Sandbags + 2xTents + Military Tent Guidebook is alright i would personally take out the sand bags cause you can always use like the wire fencing or such to use in its place.The amount of sand bags you would need for it you wouldn't be able to transport well even in a car.

the military book idea is great though because i don't even remember how to put these damn things together lol all i remember is keep your hands of yellow! lol

Quote by pressing Reply under other persons post.

Oke , lets take out sandbags but , leave 3 tents and military guidebook. Plus you would need a knife to cut the tents you have to put together a bigger tent ? (Hunting knife for example)

I did consider the size requiring a vehicle to load it and multiple parts to set it up.

I'm for this idea if it requires a large vehicle OR multiple players to carry the tents around.

Signed,

Dreganius.

What if when you pick up the tent, you drop everything but your tool slots, and can't pick them up until you drop the tent.

Maybe. But its all up to the Dev team to decide really.

Bumb, since most other threads in the suggestions suck and get rejected.

This is a great idea. One person could not carry it, but a vehicle transporting it somehow would make sense. Devs would have to work stuff out.