Sign in to follow this  
Atzala

Death message please - how death occurred?

Enjoying this game and I accept it's alpha and I accept we live with perma-death, but it shouldn't be a whole lotta work to add a message at the end to state how one died.  Having built up a character and lots of good gear (without server hoping) it's a let down to be one shot out of the blue and get a black screen. I want to know what happened! My minimal suggestion is that there should be a notice "You were shot by X using a Y". Obviously combat logs would do this better but even if these are not planned for this type of game, we get in-game messages for all other activities and status changes.

The whole death message system was removed due to its lack of realism, i believe the concept of "you don't know what hit you" is something the development team actually wants, not just something they havnt got round to.

personally i prefer it, alot more immersive than seeing "XxX420ALLW33K was killed by AS50" in the bottom left of my screen all day. 

• Like 2

I think he wasnt suggestin a death message like in the Mod but a "personal" death message on your deathscreen.

I think he wasnt suggestin a death message like in the Mod but a "personal" death message on your deathscreen.

That's it. Not a global announcement, I go along with immersive. Just nice to have a personal 'why' to go with the WTF???

Even then that's actually quite over powered, if when you die it tells you what killed you, how far away and there name, if your in a squad that is a HUGE advantage, now you know exactly how far away he is and what weapon he is using.

this to me breaks immersion and gives a disadvantage to solo players.

If the "study body" will make it into the game again you could walk to your corpse and see what killed you. ;) I think they wanted to improve it so you could see if you got killed by 9mm or some 5,56mm or just a hatchet in your head.