Sign in to follow this  
CivicTiger

Question on Base building (when it's implemented)

Now, our characters are in the same location every time we play a different server. This is useful.

But how about bases?

My initial thought is that there are 40-60 people per server. And way more than than in-game.

Having a base on a 60-man server seems problematic as if some clans have their own bases, the server will primarily just contain that clan - the server will run out of slots.

But having a base on 'the hive' is also probelematic as people can destroy your base from different servers + the gear wont be true?

So, what happens?

Are bases server-side? And will the game contain more than 60 people at launch or will it still be 40-60? Because having 2 big clans is already pushing the servers population isn't it?

tell me one clan that has 40 members active on the same server all the time...

what the hell man.

in dayz mod vanilla bases were fine. tents, campfire, razor wire and tank traps. thats it. (also sandbags)

i hope theyll just add tents and caches thats totally enough IMO

• Like 2

Once the game is more optimized, they will increase the maximum slots/zombies. Bases will more than likely be serverside.

• Like 1

tell me one clan that has 40 members active on the same server all the time...

what the hell man.

in dayz mod vanilla bases were fine. tents, campfire, razor wire and tank traps. thats it. (also sandbags)

i hope theyll just add tents and caches thats totally enough IMO

Incase you haven't noticed, this is posted in the NEW PLAYERS FORUM.

Why, do you ask? Because I am a NEW PLAYER.

I posted a genuine, legit question.

Simply: Are bases server-side or hive-side.

I asked because I DONT KNOW how big clans are. I don't know how small they are. My general thought was that 2 clans woull fill the MAJORITY, not ALL, of the server - leaving little room for the general public - which is no fun for the clan, and only fun for the public.

Stop being a try hard, okay?

I was posting a general noob question because I don't know this game well, just yet.

Again, stop being a try hard. If you can't stand reading these questions then why you are even on the new player forums, I don't know.. Because with your reply, you clearly don't have the intention of helping people.

As for the other two people who replied nicely, you have my thanks and my beans (if that even does anything)

Thank you :)

Items such as tent's, barricades, and possibly bases, according to Rocket in one of the streams he's posted will be persistent. I'm not sure if this persistent state means on that particular server, meaning locally or if they will be persistent server side, which means you would have access on any server you join. I don't think that it has been completely fleshed out yet by the design team. Besides, any sort of base building, if implemented, is a long ways off.