Sign in to follow this  
DagNabit

Hacker just Teleported me to middle of water.

We're customers. I believe people have lost their brains with this new idea of having no more rights (disclaimer or don't...). Believe me, anytime i wanted my money back because of a seller's mistake, i had them back (with good or bad manners) if the issue isn't solved in an acceptable amout of time. Everyone should stop to accept any possible arse raping, this attitude only let the devs out there to deliver  poor products.

I'm not talking about BIS, but in general. "lol"/laughing about people that have paid money for a (not working) product is plain stupid: alpha is not the excuse for everything bad, especially when the problem comes from a decision rather than a technical issue.

/EOT

We're not customers.  We're people that chose to pay $29.99 to help Alpha test a game that is in Alpha.  Its not a "product" yet.  You read (maybe) and clicked a dislaimer to that fact there by surrendering any rights you have to "get your money back".  The only way to get your money back is to not click "Buy" and "Accept" on the alpha disclaimer in the first place.  You agreed to help.  All you do is complain.

How many times has this been stated in multiple threads around the forums and Pinned threads at the top of the forums.

Anyone is permitted to do research prior to purchasing and make an informed decision.  Unless they're not that bright.

• Like 3

People are really running for 30 minutes to have a chance to play again? lol ... ask for a character reset or ask for your money back. Disabling the "RESPAWN" button is a very stupid idea if applied to a bugged alpha: it's not only about hackers.. any sort of wrong things could "block" your character forcing you to just respawn. To not count the fact that actually everyone is just "suiciding", so this limitation is helping no one, neither the "abusers" neither the legit users.

Running (or swimming) for 30 minutes.. without complaining is like inviting the devs to not move a finger to solve the problem.. and this is has nothing to about the alpha (because it's not about a bugged feature.. but about [again] a stupid decision).

"Disabling the "RESPAWN" button is a very stupid idea if applied to a bugged alpha"

Not a stupid idea, you're just not considering the alpha you're playing very carefully.

"To not count the fact that actually everyone is just "suiciding", so this limitation is helping no one, neither the "abusers" neither the legit users."

This limitation IS helping someone.  The devs, but you didn't stop and consider that.  The last thing they need currently when trying to get other issues sorted out is massive numbers of players spamming the Respawn button and hammering the database hive.  Clutters up logs, causes network congestion, taxes system resources, etc. all when they're working on more pressing issues currently.

Also, "everyone is just suiciding"...  I'm not.  I spawn and play the game and am really enjoying it and the updates that have been provided.

Be patient.  I'm sure it will be addressed when they GET TO IT.  Sheesh... you guys are unbelievable.

Edited by Cinnabuns

This limitation IS helping someone.  The devs, but you didn't stop and consider that.  The last thing they need currently when trying to get other issues sorted out is massive numbers of players spamming the Respawn button and hammering the database hive.  Clutters up logs, causes network congestion, taxes system resources, etc. all when they're working on more pressing issues currently.

...excuses... you need like 2-5 minutes to suicide. So they can activate the button after 2 minutes of life, so people cannot spam it, but neither they have to run or swim for 1 hour because a script kid decided to push a button. As you see the solution(s) exists, you only have to use the brain.

• Like 1

I hate to agree with WalkerDown because of his ignorant behavior before, but he's right. Unless there's a specific reason to disable the respawn button, it really should be enabled.

Edited by TSAndrey

And like I said, clearly there WILL be one but clearly IT AIN'T THERE YET for a reason.

You guys and your impatient wims.

We're not customers.  We're self paying alpha game testers.  When the game gets to release, THEN we'll be paying customers and we got 50% off for helping test.

Do paying customers get signs that say, "Warning --do not buy me"? 

Where is your logic?

Edited by Cinnabuns

People are really running for 30 minutes to have a chance to play again? lol ... ask for a character reset or ask for your money back. Disabling the "RESPAWN" button is a very stupid idea if applied to a bugged alpha: it's not only about hackers.. any sort of wrong things could "block" your character forcing you to just respawn. To not count the fact that actually everyone is just "suiciding", so this limitation is helping no one, neither the "abusers" neither the legit users.

Running (or swimming) for 30 minutes.. without complaining is like inviting the devs to not move a finger to solve the problem.. and this is has nothing to about the alpha (because it's not about a bugged feature.. but about [again] a stupid decision).

The respawn button should become active after 1 hour of time. In or out of game. Q.E.D

This happened to me earlier today also. After getting teleported into the water, I joined another server and was "outside" of the map where there were only hills. I ran for 30 minutes, and I found nothing. I'm afraid the only chance will be to starve to death.

You are trapped in the de-bug lands.

If you are stuck there, best way is death somehow or contact a server admin (if there is one) to have you moved.

And like I said, clearly there WILL be one but clearly IT AIN'T THERE YET for a reason.

You guys and your impatient wims.

We're not customers.  We're self paying alpha game testers.  When the game gets to release, THEN we'll be paying customers and we got 50% off for helping test.

Do paying customers get signs that say, "Warning --do not buy me"? 

Where is your logic?

- There's no reason of removing a feature... or to be exact: whatever it is the reason, it is a stupid one. If you have some more details, please post them... (but before, read the previous messages).

- WE ARE CUSTOMERS. You have a distorted vision of what's a paying product is, how the business works, and what's the rules you must respect when selling a product. There's no such "paying self testers blbablabla" .. we BOUGHT the game SOLD on "Steam Early Access", and if you don't know what Early Access is, you can read it Steam (there's no need to guess your exotic explanation), search for Early Access FAQ (Steam is currently down, so i can't give you the link).

- "DO NOT BUY ME" means absolutely nothing in the moment you put your product on sale. If you don't really want people to buy your product, you will NOT SELL IT. If you need beta testers, you will give it for free under an open beta, after you don't need those testers anymore, you could easily block their access transforming the product into a paying one. If you are collecting money from people, you are deliberately selling it, hence we're customers: customers of a early access product, but still customers.

To resume: we understand the bugs and the lacks of contents (here "it's alpha" makes sense), but we can't accept the bad decision, especially if they can be corrected with a "click".

• Like 3

People are really running for 30 minutes to have a chance to play again? lol ... ask for a character reset or ask for your money back. 

You can't ask for your money back. this is an ALPHA

You can't ask for your money back. this is an ALPHA

Depends on the country the consumer is located.

I, for example, live in a country where there is only one circumstance under which you can forfeit your right to a refund. Any other reason, even if contractually signed, is void.

Yet, the country south to me, has no such rules, and can forfeit a number of different consumer rights.

- There's no reason of removing a feature... or to be exact: whatever it is the reason, it is a stupid one. If you have some more details, please post them... (but before, read the previous messages).

To resume: we understand the bugs and the lacks of contents (here "it's alpha" makes sense), but we can't accept the bad decision, especially if they can be corrected with a "click".

- Removing what feature?  You mean a feature that was present in another engine/game/mod?  This isn't that engine/game/mod.  Its different and new.  Is that un-exotic enough for you to comprehend?  It has not been added yet.  They didn't remove it.

"we understand the bugs and the lacks of contents"  --I personally don't think you do as you wouldn't be spewing such tripe if you did.

"but we can't accept the bad decision, especially if they can be corrected with a "click"."  --More proof that you do not understand what an alpha is and what game programming is or how it works.  Also you should change this to:

"I can't accept the bad decision and others that come from my place of programming ignorance can't accept it either."  --Cause that is all it is.  Its too bad you can't accept it.  It will change, the game will mature, features will be added.  If you can't accept the state that its in now, good bye.

"especially if they can be corrected with a "click""   --this is the most hilarious thing you've said yet.  Corrected with a click?  LOL.  It can't even be corrected with a single line of code (e.g. typing -not using a mouse??) There are database dependencies, code dependencies, engine dependencies. 

Dean Hall and Bohemia Interactive are not your mother and father -- i.e. They will not give you want you want right now if you cry loud enough about it.

I'm done wasting effort on this conversation.

Edited by Cinnabuns

Just a thought... It maybe possible that the reason they don't have the respawn enabled is because of the extra stress this places in the server. The respawn button usually doesn't work at the moment (apparently due to high levels of players trying to respawn at the same time) so if they unlocked it it probably wouldn't even work anyway...

- Removing what feature?  You mean a feature that was present in another engine/game/mod?  This isn't that engine/game/mod.  Its different and new.  Is that un-exotic enough for you to comprehend?  It has not been added yet.  They didn't remove it.

"we understand the bugs and the lacks of contents"  --I personally don't think you do as you wouldn't be spewing such tripe if you did.

"but we can't accept the bad decision, especially if they can be corrected with a "click"."  --More proof that you do not understand what an alpha is and what game programming is or how it works.  Also you should change this to:

"I can't accept the bad decision and others that come from my place of programming ignorance can't accept it either."  --Cause that is all it is.  Its too bad you can't accept it.  It will change, the game will mature, features will be added.  If you can't accept the state that its in now, good bye.

"especially if they can be corrected with a "click""   --this is the most hilarious thing you've said yet.  Corrected with a click?  LOL.  It can't even be corrected with a single line of code (e.g. typing -not using a mouse??) There are database dependencies, code dependencies, engine dependencies. 

Dean Hall and Bohemia Interactive are not your mother and father -- i.e. They will not give you want you want right now if you cry loud enough about it.

I'm done wasting effort on this conversation.

- I'm not sure if you're new.. or just trolling: the player respawn WORKS already, it's only the button to be disabled (in fact it is enabled under certain circumstances);

- You don't have much to think when i clearly wrote it, as i didn't asked to you to run the tasks of my brain. So again: bugs and lack of contents is OK for an alpha; wrong decision that only increases the player frustration is not.

- As per above, none is asking to add a new feature, i'm asking to not DISABLE a feature that is already in and working. Or to be exact: to not grey out the respawn button (that is something much easier to do), until the product reach a certain stability/maturity. Prevent the respawn is a decision that can be applied to the game mechanic in a more advanced phase, at the moment we're checking the performance, we can't waste our time into the ocean only because a script kid decided to push the magic button. But it looks like you're here just for your cookie, you don't even understood what this thread is about.

- I'm not their son, neither i would be: i am their customer.

- You knowingly "wasted" your time.. you must be a masochist then.

• Like 1

Just a thought... It maybe possible that the reason they don't have the respawn enabled is because of the extra stress this places in the server. The respawn button usually doesn't work at the moment (apparently due to high levels of players trying to respawn at the same time) so if they unlocked it it probably wouldn't even work anyway...

Respawn works... or to be exact when you press the respawn button you can "suicide", and this is what we need at the moment (exit from the server and re-join is acceptable). So not greying out the button would be enough (if you scared about the "stress" a 2 minutes timer would be ok too). In other words, during this early alpha we absolutely need a way to kill our character, because there's too many things that can go wrong, and the respawn button is the easiest way to do so.