Sign in to follow this  
slipperyminx

Item suggestion) Handheld Mirrors

Sorry admins if I'm posting in the wrong area. I only saw the Mod have a suggestion section and I wasn't sure what to do.

Ala Saving Private Ryan, using a Mirror to look behind corners. AND, if Handheld Beauty mirrors are in the game, then Snipers can stick them/stand them up on the ground/dirt so they can see people walk up behind them.

Not a bad idea but don't forget this game has 3rd person view  :P

Also you can just hold Alt and look behind.

Ala Arma..

3rd person server, hold the left alt key and scroll all around 

Would be a good option for 1st Person only servers to peak around corners, but that is why we have 3rd Person

• Like 1

Would be a good option for 1st Person only servers to peak around corners, but that is why we have 3rd Person

Because mirrors are lovingly grafted into each and every survivor's eyes, right?

I know Arma3 has picture-in-picture for scopes/mirrors and so on, dunno if DayZ is built with enough of those features to make it possible (Arma3 watered down or Arma2 buffed up).

Because mirrors are lovingly grafted into each and every survivor's eyes, right?

I know Arma3 has picture-in-picture for scopes/mirrors and so on, dunno if DayZ is built with enough of those features to make it possible (Arma3 watered down or Arma2 buffed up).

They come standard with the super zoom in eyes everyone of us have.

• Like 1

Mirrors to look around corners?  If only there was a way to do this already....

It sounds a lot like first person only remorse.

I'd like to see this, in case I decided to ever play on a first person only server, but, based on the fact that it only benefits that portion of the community,  there are about a million other things that should be added or fixed first.

D'OH!

LOL, yea I only play in FP cause I prefer the realsim and challenge.

I guess I never really connected the Dots together between 3rd person and the why mirrors aren't necessary XD

Yea, I knew about ALT, but, really didn't connect the Dots (again.) I've really only had the need to use it while running XD

D'OH!

LOL, yea I only play in FP cause I prefer the realsim and challenge.

I guess I never really connected the Dots together between 3rd person and the why mirrors aren't necessary XD

Yea, I knew about ALT, but, really didn't connect the Dots (again.) I've really only had the need to use it while running XD

It's actually a great suggestion.

But yeah.. it's ruined by the community who thinks it's perfectly fine to be able to see over and around walls without risk. Too bad.

Mirrors are great. But it  requires render-to-texture which will not be implemented.

Alternative way is rework mirror so you don't see in its reflection but you can see part of the image it reflects in same way as you see via sniper scope.

Something like, look via mirron, bang, sniper scope on the area mirror reflects.