Sign in to follow this  
Kopec

[Suggestion] Vehicles, corpses, clutter

Hi everyone. I really love the environment of DayZ (and it feels close to me because I am from Czech Republic), but it feels empty. I think it would be really cool to see some broken/crashed military/civil vehicles randomly generated around Chernarus carrying corresponding loot. Maybe with some corpses lying around, so the place would not feel like all the residents suddenly disappeared. However the bloodstains and similar things are really good idea. And some clutter inside buildings would be nice. Quickly packed suitcases, barricaded windows... Things that would tell us this place was once populated and people left in hurry or they stayed to fight. Something like the little "skeleton stories" in Fallout. I know it is impossible to make every building unique, but if loot can appear in like 20 places in one building and there is just a chance it will be there, they could do similar with the clutter. What do you think?

• Like 2

Fantastic idea! This is a zombie apocalypse after all, I think it would also be cool to add some realism to bodies, allowing them to pile up like snowflakes, if they ever add traveling hordes of zombies I'd think it'd be cool to end up with a mountain of bodies after taking them all out. Beans to you sir.

It does sound like a good idea, but aren't the broken civil vehicles containing loot already in the game? :P Or are you talking about something else.

Also, there will have to be a lot of optimization if this was to happen, it will get very laggy, but i do like the idea

I definitely like the idea of coming across a burnt out military convoy finding beans and charred bodies laying around. It'd definitely add more things to do without creating linearity.

It does sound like a good idea, but aren't the broken civil vehicles containing loot already in the game? :P Or are you talking about something else.

Also, there will have to be a lot of optimization if this was to happen, it will get very laggy, but i do like the idea

Lootable cars exist, but static, always on the same place. I was thinking more about something like randomly generated one. Random events and encounters servers could generate. To add some randomness. Like Argent said, burnt out convoys etc. Because DayZ is missing the element of surprise in my opinion. This would create unexpected events and I would definitely enjoy them.

Edited by Kopec