Sign in to follow this  
Mannyrue

is it fine to use ENB and Sweetfx?

I know I know this has been asked very many time's over but I would prefer to hear it come from a dev member or a Admin, is it fine to use ENB and Sweetfx?

I ask cause I have worked for around ten hour's on a preset using both enb and sweetfx together to give this game a better color setting while also staying true to how it is as well, and have almost finished it up and would love to share it with other's, I just want to make sure it would be fine to do tho.

screen shots?

Trying to find a good tool to take screen shot's with, the issue with using fraps for some reason it stops sweetfx from working...So browsing over some other one's to do in game screen shot's.

As long as SweetsFX it's an injector you maybe get VAC Banned, i personally wouln'd do it

I don't know about ENB

I know I know this has been asked very many time's over but I would prefer to hear it come from a dev member or a Admin, is it fine to use ENB and Sweetfx?

I ask cause I have worked for around ten hour's on a preset using both enb and sweetfx together to give this game a better color setting while also staying true to how it is as well, and have almost finished it up and would love to share it with other's, I just want to make sure it would be fine to do tho.

VAC has been known to take issue with anything that injects itself into the render path. I would think that the answer would be "no"

Steam provides a screenshot manager. Just press F12 in any Steam game to take a screenshot. It saves to your harddrive as well as the cloud.

I have tried with Steam auto picture, it look's fine when I take them, but when I back out to check them on my pc it reverts back to the default like it had no overlay for them 0.x

And I have heard of people being banned in battlefield for using sweetfx by vac, but I have personally used enb and sweetfx for about every steam game I own and never had this issue before...Just wanted to check here tho if it is fine to use tho.

2m6x25l.jpg

2qlxrlw.jpg

k1ys1i.jpg

s67fpe.jpg

15z17hk.jpg

2i0rmyv.jpg

And before anyone call's me a bandit no I did not kill that user, passed two guy's with axes and came across this poor guy dead in the street lol...

But what I did was put a effect into enb that both sharpens the image when close but blur's stuff when looking from afar, I changed the coloring around to give it a more natural real world feel, added in better lighting by curving what the game already has in place and a few other wizard magic :P

Bandit is such a dirty word.  The more PC term is Alpha Survivor.

Like that term haha, But yea I personally do not kill in this game unless need be lol, and as is unless I can win a fist fight do not think I would be a good "Alpha Survivor" at this time lmao!.

It doesn't look any different...

Trust me it very much is, as I said tho I tried to stay true to the vanilla look with out changing it way to much up and making it look strange, I have been testing a grain effect to it but not sure if it fit's this style of game tho.

SweetFX is commonly used to inject ESP/Radar cheats which is why it's often detected as a third party hack tool.

You can actually make DayZ look a lot better simply by turning down the gamma/brightness settings.

SweetFX is commonly used to inject ESP/Radar cheats which is why it's often detected as a third party hack tool.

While this may be true, SweetFX does not appear to be banned by VAC.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/828935672748584541/

Everything I found on the subject makes it sound like it's not bannable.

With that said, I have too much invested in steam to ever risk a VAC ban.

While this may be true, SweetFX does not appear to be banned by VAC.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/828935672748584541/

Everything I found on the subject makes it sound like it's not bannable.

With that said, I have too much invested in steam to ever risk a VAC ban.

That doesn't confirm anything.  All that is, is a statement by a mod stating that a player was banned for a confirmed Call of Duty cheat, not for SweetFX.

In fact, you might have a hard time getting a straight response from anyone on the Valve ban/moderation team concerning SweetFX.

The only thing I could find was a statement by a Valve mod who simply said in response to a player who claimed they were VAC banned for using SweetFX that, "VAC doesn't look for or consider intentions."

That doesn't confirm anything.  All that is, is a statement by a mod stating that a player was banned for a confirmed Call of Duty cheat, not for SweetFX.

In fact, you might have a hard time getting a straight response from anyone on the Valve ban/moderation team concerning SweetFX.

The only thing I could find was a statement by a Valve mod who simply said in response to a player who claimed they were VAC banned for using SweetFX that, "VAC doesn't look for or consider intentions."

I do not see why it would ban anyone tho cause enb and sweetfx have been used for mod's for gta 4 and skyrim and it seem's many would be banned by now for using them tho.

I do not see why it would ban anyone tho cause enb and sweetfx have been used for mod's for gta 4 and skyrim and it seem's many would be banned by now for using them tho.

Well for starters neither GTA 4 or Skyrim are VAC enabled games.  Skyrim isn't even an online game, unless you install some heavy modifications to the game which turns it into pseudo-online jankiness fest.

Rules pertaining to the use of things like SweeetFX which is commonly detected as a third party modification tool vary from game to game and company to company.  There are countless users who claim to have been VAC banned for using SweetFX.  Whether they were simply using SweetFX, using it as a hacktool or both is hard to say but there are countless people who claim to have been banned from numerous games on Steam, both games with VAC and without VAC.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Well for starters neither GTA 4 or Skyrim are VAC enabled games.  Skyrim isn't even an online game, unless you install some heavy modifications to the game which turns it into pseudo-online jankiness fest.

Rules pertaining to the use of things like SweeetFX which is commonly detected as a third party modification tool vary from game to game and company to company.  There are countless users who claim to have been VAC banned for using SweetFX.  Whether they were simply using SweetFX, using it as a hacktool or both is hard to say but there are countless people who claim to have been banned from numerous games on Steam, both games with VAC and without VAC.

Guess it is a flip of the coin then it seem's, well I will continue to use it at my own risk then so for now I won't upload it since I would hate to see other's get banned for it.

Hello there.

Nice to see there are other people as well who like to dabble with sweetFX.

I also thought Dayz could use some Sweetfxing for a subtle atmosphere boost and did myself a preset for testing purposes mostly.
You spend long times playing dayz so i thought better to keep it subtle, and the fps already being what it is, it leaves a little headroom for anything fancy... Atleast on MY rig that is. =) Fps impact should be quite minimal for any decent GPU: My HD7870oc got minus 1-3fps on the main screen, minus 5ish during normal gameplay.

Went for a bit more film-like toning, cooling the shadows and warming up the highlights while trying to get a somewhat grittier look with some subtle hdr-tweaks.. It also emphasizes the games AO effect a bit so you get more bang for those FPS sacrificed for it. :) Came out pretty decent for my tastes. It's probably gonna evolve somewhat down the road and i'd happily post any upgrades if people are interested.

Check before / after at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5wsqlirhogztl9f/ozDIqMLf9m (Looks a lot better in actual game than in mainscreen but it was night out there..)

Disclaimer: Use it at your own Discretion. I have no clue about what the VAC really thinks of this, other than the fact that somewhere i have read Steam representative stating that VAC bans known hacks/hacktools, not something like this.

You can download the preset file from: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58331222/Dayz_SA_Intactus_v1.txt

Happy hunting!