Sign in to follow this  
Goofed

2 suggestions

Hi! been playing DayZ for 3 days, its really awesome, good job to whoever deserves it for making this a stand alone.

First suggestion I have: Digging and burying option. So you can bury your items and recover them if you die.

Second suggestion: add a spray can item so one could mark houses he has looted and other players could see that as well.

Let me know what you think, Thanks!

I don't know if you're aware of this but in the Mod you could put tents down to store items.  As for the spraypaint, Rocket has stated that while it is a good idea, it would likely end up with a bunch of ten yr olds drawing reproductive organs and foul language all over the place.

Edited by SatanBattles
  • Like 1

I don't know if you're aware of tis but in the Mod you could put tents down to store items.  As for the spraypaint, Rocket has stated that while it is a good idea, it would likely end up with a bunch of ten yr olds drawing reproductive organs and foul language all over the place.

hmm, no i did not, but im assuming you can loot these tents. burying something would be nice cuz only you know where it is and your gonna have to remember where you buried it. 

and regarding the spray paint....its possible that will happen but you can put a expiry time on a paint like every 3 hours the paint melts away. plus im not really aiming for a free hand option of spray painting but like a couple of options for me to mark things and such. thanks for the quick reply btw!! cheers

• Like 1

hmm, no i did not, but im assuming you can loot these tents. burying something would be nice cuz only you know where it is and your gonna have to remember where you buried it. 

and regarding the spray paint....its possible that will happen but you can put a expiry time on a paint like every 3 hours the paint melts away. plus im not really aiming for a free hand option of spray painting but like a couple of options for me to mark things and such. thanks for the quick reply btw!! cheers

It's true that only you are going to remember where you buried stuff, but in order to find it in a 225km^2 map it's likely that you would need to see a mound or something to identify it, and if that is the case it might also be fairly easy for other people to come upon it.  If there was a realistic way to go through burying something and finding it I'd be all for it, but for example making the mound of earth or whatever only visible to you would take away from the game because the entire game is focussed around the idea that nothing is forever.  If you can just hide stuff somewhere that no one can ever find you can store so much equipment that it would simply be unfair.  I don't think it's a bad idea I just think it would be hard to bring it into the game without reiteration tents or disrupting the flow of the game.  

As for your suggestion about spraypaint I think that's a great idea, allowing for a few different symbols say an "X" to mark a looted building, and a timer is another great idea.  Beans to you!