Sign in to follow this  
pojo2k8

[suggestion] hand cart on train tracks

I know we're not close to getting vehicles yet, but I  thought it would be cool to have a hand cart for utilizing the train tracks someday. 

• 1 person to pump it up and down minimum, but allow faster movement with 2 pumping.
  • Allow for seating positions on the front/back for riding shotgun. 
  • Persons pumping it would be unable to use weapons. 
  • Mount a crate on it to allow for carrying gear,
  • Allow fixed placement of machine gun, but lose seating. 
  • Could have a small empty cart attachment as well to give a larger transport capacity. 
  • Would need the ability to operate the track switchers where the tracks split. 
  • Opens up the possibility of track blocking for a train robbery.
  • Like 3

Sounds cool, but it would be hard to explain. there are no mines in chernarus, and for every thing other than mining, trains are used. Cool idea, but i want my immersion to be intact, you know?

I don't see what mines has to do with it. Theese are still around as backup vehicles on train tracks everywhere although it's very rare to see them used nowdays. I've seen both the classic 'pump version' and bicycle variants used around where i live (Sweden) on the countryside and on train tracks that are no longer in use.
I can definately see them getting back on the tracks in a Day Z scenario. :)

• Like 2

I think the OP meant such a handcar. Which would be interesting, of course. More train tracks!

1569zcx.jpg

Though a train robbery feature seems not fit to DayZ, imho.

I think the OP meant such a handcar. Which would be interesting, of course. More train tracks!

1569zcx.jpg

Though a train robbery feature seems not fit to DayZ, imho.

IDK Train robbery would be fun. I think it would be cool to gas up the train at Guba and have it lead to a new map. I would also be cool to be able to derail or stop the train before it leaves the current map.

Edited by Burt_Reynolds

If you can't progress to a new map at the end of the line, then just a rock slide or other calamity to close off the track at either end would do.   

Yes, the photo is what I meant in the OP.   As I recall, there was a good one in "O Brother Where Art Thou" with the blind prophet (Weaver?) but I can't find a photo.  Maybe someone else with better image search skills than me could find one.  

As for the full train, I don't think a full size train would be likely to run in the zombie apocalypse given the amount of fuel it would take and the maintenance required.  Then again, we have choppers in the mod that you can gas up with a jerry can, or repair with garage tools in 8 seconds.  Realism isn't always the goal.