r4nger

[SUGGESTION]Make EAST much more interesting

This map is currently unbalanced. Everything you need you can find on an axis balota-pavlovo-zelenogorsk-green mountain-veresnik-nwaf.

I would suggest creating some military objects at the east.

Why you won't make a large army base at the Klen mountain? Or move one of the actual bases there? This place has great potential for a army base. (yes, it's the place where the manhattan base was in ARMA2 SP).

Another good spot for a base is over Doilna factory. And there are many other spots for balancing a map. I have played today for about 6 hours, and met 6 players on the axis balota-nwaf. And when I was moving from Skalisty spawn to Krasnostav and then to Veresnik, I didn't met anyone.

And guys, i don't want to hear 'It's an Alpha bro.' I want to see suggestions for the development team.

Edited by R4ngeR
  • Like 1

I don't want to have even more military bases ._. 

Just improve the North Eastern Airfield, because one should be rewarded for his trip. 

Btw. there will come the new north of the map. But I don't know, if it will balance it. 

I don't think that new north will improve it. People will run from NWAF north and then loot new northern part.

And in my opinion, there is everything you need at the NWAF. If you search all the tents, then you have everything. You just need to find a restarted server.

Edited by R4ngeR

How about having a military base at every building and road junction in the map? What about putting one ontop of every hill?

• Like 5

I dont talk about the north above nwaf, im talking about east of the map(Gorka,Berezino,Guglovo,etc.)

And what about moving an actual base like Zelenogorsk to the eastM

Edited by R4ngeR

Please stop just thinking about the game as PVP in the wilderness where everyone needs military loot.

The reason the spawns were moved was to prevent people just running around Balota without exploring the rest of the map, at least now it forces the ones that want to PVP to actually attempt to navigate even though many just suicide to respawn near the South to go to Balota still since it doesn't involve having to leave the easy landmarks of the coast.

For next patch can we have the coastal area temporarily removed so that some of these kiddies learn to navigate properly?

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 1

I dont talk about the north above nwaf, im talking about east of the map(Gorka,Berezino,Guglovo,etc.)

The pictures are only about the North East new area of the map.

Guba bay is being build atm, north west of Guba are many places for industrial areas, road stops, truck stops, a town north of Gvozdno. Berenzino is already edited, there is a ship wreck north of it.

I dont know what you want

Tell me, if you spawn around skalisty, would you run to the Balota or north? I don't see any point of running through east coast towns for now. And if a new north will be added, everyone will just run to nwaf or veresnik and then north.

Tell me, if you spawn around skalisty, would you run to the Balota or north? I don't see any point of running through east coast towns for now. And if a new north will be added, everyone will just run to nwaf or veresnik and then north.

Why would they? You wont survive if you dont stop at the nearest town after you spawned and get some food there.

Please stop just thinking about the game as PVP in the wilderness where everyone needs military loot.

The reason the spawns were moved was to prevent people just running around Balota without exploring the rest of the map, at least now it forces the ones that want to PVP to actually attempt to navigate even though many just suicide to respawn near the South to go to Balota still since it doesn't involve having to leave the easy landmarks of the coast.

For next patch can we have the coastal area temporarily removed so that some of these kiddies learn to navigate properly?

The problem is there is no reason to go explore the rest of the map.

With only 2 rifles and 2 pistols in the game there is no reward for running all over hell and back.  You might love playing a running simulator but I know that I dont.

All that this new spawn patch does is add an unnecessary time sink grind for no extra reward.

Enjoy your running sim

• Like 1

With only 2 rifles and 2 pistols in the game there is no reward for running all over hell and back.  You might love playing a running simulator but I know that I dont.

All that this new spawn patch does is add an unnecessary time sink grind for no extra reward.

Enjoy your running sim

Oh damn...yet another person that is butthurt because he "has nothing to do". You are an Alpha player. Behave like one god damnit

I enjoyed exploring the new areas. I didnt kill anyone i just looted with 2 friends buildings on the way and took lots and lots of pictures of the new areas. there is quite alot to come there.

Edited by =GS=Quobble
  • Like 1

Well, as far as I can tell... The East is the starting zone. As you move West, you start to come across bigger cities and military outposts where the best loot is. Sounds right to me...

There should just be a balance like how we had our on our server.

The coast had one firestation in Komorovo one store and med base at Kamenkha to stop people suiciding due to it being a bad spawn in Vanilla.

A small med base at Zelen as it's a city after all. 

NW had one extra barracks.

Kumyrna (the broken ruins) had two military tents with low loot spawns.

Berezino had the military tents but expanded slightly to balance NE v NW of Chernarus.

NE was completely remodelled as a survivors final stand with a small industrial, extra hangers and a medical base.

Enjoy your running sim

I've enjoyed looking at all the different scenery in all the different areas I've visited - I never played the mod so the whole thing is new to me and I guess I just like exploring games. If I want to go play bang bang shooty shooty then I go play a first person shooter...not the alpha of a survival game.

If you like the mechanics and shooting of this game, I'd recommend buying a copy of and playing Arma. It would save you having to do ANY running at all to go get yourself tooled up AND you might get a good fight instead of just taking potshots at unarmed bambis.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3490/ir4288dx_png.htm

Just made this.

Red is well known (Standalone) towns, places and areas with good loot spawns, survival gear, guns etc.

Blue is areas that we found that are currently in development. (unfinished towns, truck stops, road stops, gas stations, train stations, cities)

The white X splits the map in NE, NW, SE, SW.

(I left the southern part of the map away.

I've enjoyed looking at all the different scenery in all the different areas I've visited - I never played the mod so the whole thing is new to me and I guess I just like exploring games. If I want to go play bang bang shooty shooty then I go play a first person shooter...not the alpha of a survival game.

If you like the mechanics and shooting of this game, I'd recommend buying a copy of and playing Arma. It would save you having to do ANY running at all to go get yourself tooled up AND you might get a good fight instead of just taking potshots at unarmed bambis.

Some of us have played it for 1000's of hours and some of us know the east of the map is boring. It was boring in Vanilla Dayz and it's boring now. It NEEDS to have something, like how the west has Green Mountain, the little settlement west of Lopatino, Military base south of Zelen. Military base near Vybor.

I'm actually going to put my head on the chopping board and say the east needing stuff is a hard cold fact.

• Like 3

Some of us have played it for 1000's of hours and some of us know the east of the map is boring. It was boring in Vanilla Dayz and it's boring now. It NEEDS to have something, like how the west has Green Mountain, the little settlement west of Lopatino, Military base south of Zelen. Military base near Vybor.

I'm actually going to put my head on the chopping board and say the east needing stuff is a hard cold fact.

So you only enjoy areas of the map that have military areas?

And everything that doesnt have an army base is boring?

you Sir are a douchebag >:C

• Like 1

I can't disagree with that Victor since I am relatively inexperienced, although I'm over 50 hours since SA was launched (new job starting soon so getting my gameplay in now!).

But the way the OP phrased it as "I would suggest creating some military objects at the east"

Unless this is supposed to have been the middle of a warzone right before the outbreak, I don't really understand why there's already so many military bases within such a small area already .oO

FWIW I just checked out RAF bases in the UK as a yardstick. The county with the largest density of them is Lincolnshire with 10 airbases. That county is 7000 square km... so you'd expect about one airfield every 700 square km. In DayZ we have 3 within 25 square km.

EDIT: Checked Steam and had less hours than I guesstimated ^^

EDIT EDIT: Added info about Lincolnshire

Edited by phlOgistOn

My suggestion - cut the the fucking mil spawns in more than half to begin with! We are really spoiling the new players and giving off the wrong perception of the survival aspect. Make the scenery more interesting and add in lore, along with zombie improvements and I'm sure the east will be "more interesting."

Yes, current military areas are very close. I would remove or move few to another place.

I can't disagree with that Victor since I am relatively inexperienced, although nearly upto 100 hours since SA was launched (new job starting soon so getting my gameplay in now!).

But the way the OP phrased it as "I would suggest creating some military objects at the east"

Unless this is supposed to have been the middle of a warzone right before the outbreak, I don't really understand why there's already so many military bases within such a small area already .oO

I absolutely love fire fights in Dayz but the whole map as of right now is unbalanced with military loot, only on the west side of the map that is. Showing some love to the east of the map is vital in my opinion. (You may not know this) However Stary Sobor has had its military roots ripped out thus making that town a shadow of it's former intimidating self. I would NEVER go to Stary in fear of getting sniped but now I can walk through without fear as the military tents are gone. 

Berezino also suffered the same fate. Now why would they remove these military places and put them in the west only?

So you only enjoy areas of the map that have military areas?

And everything that doesnt have an army base is boring?

you Sir are a douchebag >:C

That's a nice assumption you have there. Tit.

It's not a military sim tho...go play Arma if you want to hunt people with assault rifles?

It's a survival sim, there's an over abundance of milspec gear and locations already imo.

• Like 3

It's not a military sim tho...go play Arma if you want to hunt people with assault rifles?

It's a survival sim, there's an over abundance of milspec gear and locations already imo.

Sir, I take my not existing hat off to you.

Actually it is a military sim where people hunt people with assault rifles... you would know this if you ever played the MOD.