Sign in to follow this  
St4hl

25 sec wait before u can exit!!!

This is very needed so that people can't disconnect as soon as someone fires upon them or when they are chased by zombies. I hate that people just disappear (disconnect) if you miss your shots. Whenever you want to exit, there should be a 25 sec wait after you have pushed the exit-button and chosen Yes.This would stop the action loggers. PLEASE insert this feature.

• Like 1

Not that i'm saying that this is a bad idea, and quite frankly it isn't, but i have a tip for you.

Don't take the shot unless you know it will hit. Not saying everyone doesn't miss every now and again but make sure you have the fundamentals down.

I follow the LAZ principle (that i just made up) when sniping.

Loaded - is it loaded?

Aimed - Is it on you target with correct windage/hold over?

Zeroed - are your sights zeroed for the distance?

If any of these are no, then don't shoot.

Edited by Dchil

vulnerable for 25 seconds? no thank you, it would be better if someone shoots in a ray of 1 or 2km you can't log out

Not that i'm saying that this is a bad idea, and quite frankly it isn't, but i have a tip for you.

Don't take the shot unless you know it will hit. Not saying everyone doesn't miss every now and again but make sure you have the fundamentals down.

I follow the LAZ principle (that i just made up) when sniping.

Loaded - is it loaded?

Aimed - Is it on you target with correct windage ?

Zeroed - are your sights zeroed for the distance?

If any of these are no, then don't shoot.

Wind effects on ballistics are non-existant. Otherwise good rule

vulnerable for 25 seconds? no thank you, it would be better if someone shoots in a ray of 1 or 2km you can't log out

The log-out timer is a good idea. Your idea will be abused by some to see if there are anyone in their vicinity.

I mean that whenever you want to exit, there is a 25 seconds wait. No hassle when and why there should be that wait, it should always be there. People will get used to that very quick! 25 seconds is'nt long at all, it's a really short time, but it's long enough to stop the exit-"cheaters". when someone just exit whenever they are threatened, it's ruining the immersive and the hole gameplay!

I mean that whenever you want to exit, there is a 25 seconds wait. No hassle when and why there should be that wait, it should always be there. People will get used to that very quick! 25 seconds is'nt long at all, it's a really short time, but it's long enough to stop the exit-"cheaters". when someone just exit whenever they are threatened, it's ruining the immersive and the hole gameplay!

Hole gameplay? LOL

I'm sure the idea hasn't been thought of already since it's not like it was in the mod or anything. Oh wait.

I believe combat logging solutions are coming Dean stated the same idea as yours and compared it to the sort of log out timer from World of Warcraft. 

I believe combat logging solutions are coming Dean stated the same idea as yours and compared it to the sort of log out timer from World of Warcraft. 

OK! Thank you for that info. I sure hope it will be implented.

Wind effects on ballistics are non-existant. Otherwise good rule

What about leading the target if they are moving? I've heard of that being refered to a windage.

In Rust your body stays in game forever. That's their solution. I don't think we need such HC solution in DayZ but if your body stayed in game for 5 minutes that would solve the problem as well.

Edited by MACtic

100% agree, I think your character should sit down or take a knee with the following overlay.

30 seconds until disconnect.

---------progress bar---------

1) cancel

2) don't watch

The overlay means you can monitor your character. The "don't watch" means you can go if you need to but your character continues to sit there until the time is up and would be exactly the same for a force quit or crash.

Edited by Hoax2

100% agree, I think your character should sit down or take a knee with the following overlay.

30 seconds until disconnect.

---------progress bar---------

1) cancel

2) don't watch

The overlay means you can monitor your character. The "don't watch" means you can go if you need to but your character continues to sit there until the time is up and would be exactly the same for a force quit or crash.

That is a good idea. 25 seconds or 30 is the same thing, but yeah, you should be able to leave your computer without have to wait. But there must be a wait.

I hope Rocket will implent this.

Edited by St4hl

I'm sorry but this delayed logout bullshit only benefits bandits.

If you wanna be guaranteed a kill then shoot straight or aim at zombies...

Next thing that would happen if this was implemented is bandit victims will come on the forums and demand a radar displaying players who have exhibited hostile behaviour towards other players or something to protect them against bandit attacks that replaces the insta-logout.

Next we split servers into PvE and PvP with lifetime bans for people who take the piss. Were does the madness end!?

I don't agree with it.. if someone logs out while you are trying to kill them, tough shit IMO..

The only argument for this logout delay to be implemented is if the bandit play style is completely unfeasible because of insta-logouts. So long as you can one shot kill someone I don't think the bandit play style is affected enough to warrant the logout delay.

Edited by Jaybopper

No, you can exit instantly but your body stays around for 30 seconds after disconnecting. That way if anyone decides to alt-f4 their body stays.

@Jaybopper combat log isn't about how bad a shot you are, it ruins the game. What if you want to tie someone up and take their blood, but they just log off? What if you've walked for 2 hours finally see a guy and want to give him a soda but he logs off to avoid KoS?... It's a flaw in the current game mechanics.

@Corecomander my idea above would work for alt-f4 or even turning the power off, and it's also not a hindrance to legitimate players.

Edited by Hoax2

It'll come, don't worry. Rocket stated multiple times that they have a system being worked out called "Server Queuing" I think.

Basically, from what I understood, the first time you log out, you'll have like a 30 seconds timer before you can rejoin another server (hence server queuing) and during that time, your character will still be on the previous server. Then, the more you do this within a specific time frame, the longer the timer is.

This will partially solve server hopping (there is no real fix for this but it's a start, make it really annoying) and will help somewhat against combat loggers IF the character instantly stops and is frozen in place doing a specific animation AND sound when it happens so others know you're combat logging.

Ok I see the point is to encourage people to stay logged in and play the damn game.. yeah that makes sense alright...

Is 25 seconds necessary? I mean wouldn't standing idle for even 10 seconds be petrifying enough to make you want to stay logged in and deal with a situation rather than logging out?

Edited by Jaybopper

I went to check Elektro firestation for some loot when I saw squad of 3 guys with m4 coming my way. They thought they will have a fun with a bambi trapped on the roof with only way out being a ladder.

So I logged out, switched servers, went down the ladder, run away on hill, logged back on prevoius server, loled at squad of 3 guys with m4 camping ladder and went away.

Don't hate player hate the game. Log out timer's with spawnable player dummy if he somehow not wait and disconect before log out timer is done should be in game like DayZ since day one.

• Like 1

Is 25 seconds necessary? I mean wouldn't standing idle for even 10 seconds be petrifying enough to make you want to stay logged in and deal with a situation rather than logging out?

Yeah dealing with the situation is the point. ;) As for 25secs, careful players would log out somewhere safe like under a tree in the woods or the top floor of an apparent block. Remember it's more of a survival simulator than a shooter.

I agree with OP. When you hit disconnect from server you must wait 20-30 secs without moving your character. If you move then you must hit disconnect again. If you just close the game the 30 sec timer starts automatically.