Boonie

Lost it all!

Spent about 20 hours getting kitted up and helping noobs in distress only so lose everything when the server I was on crashed, I logged into another server only to find I am a fresh spawn. To top it all I spawned miles away from anywhere on the NE coast. Is this a glitch?

Some times hopping to another server befor you do anything as that fresh spawn it could come back (unless you where already on a non white listed server )

Sometimes you spawn at novy, an inland town near(ish) to NWAF. I have had it twice aready so i wouldn't be surprised if you got it.

drew_carey.jpg

Welcome to DayZ, where the rules are made up and the gear doesn't matter.

• Like 5

My wife came downstairs to see why I was shouting "NO NO NO!!!"

My wife came downstairs to see why I was shouting "NO NO NO!!!"

lol...yeah mine asks me what happened when she hears me, such as when i'm running from a zed and hit my m4 key...spin around to shoot hiim and there's nothing in my hands.

I lasted for like 16 hours and then suddenly one day I logged in and bang... all gone. Had all the gear, stealth-avoided multiple shootouts with other players, but no, all that effort went outta window.

I see some servers have a warning saying that your character will be reset.. Is this actually a thing? Are there servers that can force you to start over?

What did you have after 20hrs of play?

The guy I've been playing has maybe 6hrs of playtime on him, and he has a fully upgraded m4, 4 60rd mags, 3 ammo boxes full of ammo, a few sets of cuffs, and more food/water than I'll ever need.  I'm at the point now where I loot just to hide stuff in the woods, because I don't need any of it.  Remember, the bullet you leave behind will be the one that kills you.

With all that said, I had that character kitted up in less than 2hrs.  I just beelined it up north, instead of hanging around the deathtrap that is the coast.

I had pretty much the same as your friend but I was collecting med packs and handing them out in Cherno and elektro. Also water bottles then I would point the Bambi in the right direction and move on.

Had a great battle with 3 bandits holding up a couple of fresh spawns. Took them down and healed the noobs with charcoal tablets. My char has definitely gone to heaven!

May turn bandit with this guy though just to try out the flip side.

Starting on the NE coast is pretty awesome. The towns there have better loot than the southern coast, and you're pretty close to the NE airfield (which is a complete deathtrap if anyone is there). Then you can follow the northern railway west, or find a compass. I found 5 compasses in Guba once.

The only shame in having to start over again is that you weren't killed. Starting fresh isn't bad once you know what you're doing.

So I made my way to the military base near Stary, via Pusta and Vyshnoye. get to the base and all is quiet, all the doors are closed and there are two zombies on patrol, I take them out with my axe and head for the main building where I find an M4, double mags and a magnum.

Go to the first barracks and start looting, new backpack, tactical vest, canteen etc... hit the last room open the door to find a bloke in a pay day mask looking at me, I jumped a freaking mile! He unleashed a volly of shots, all of which miss me, then starts shouting friendly! Sod that, I axed him in the noggin as I had forgot to set my gun hotkey to 1 and stole his gear. 

I guess I out bandited the loot farming whore!

Me 1 waster 0  :P

my new life as el bandito has begun.I should probably find someone to play with as backup from now on.

It's a common issue apparently to do with a server's ability to remain connected to the hive. Also, some servers have not yet been "white-listed" and so they will not have permission to access the hive yet and will not store your progress (or be able to retrieve your data from the hive, so logging in to these servers will effectively "wipe" your character).

rocket discusses the issue here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155698-serious-database-issue-bug/

Here's the tracker issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

You should go there, vote it up and add comments about your own experiences to increase visibility on this relatively critical issue.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the "Favorites" function to flag servers which reliably store your progress, then only play there.

So I made my way to the military base near Stary, via Pusta and Vyshnoye. get to the base and all is quiet, all the doors are closed and there are two zombies on patrol, I take them out with my axe and head for the main building where I find an M4, double mags and a magnum.

Go to the first barracks and start looting, new backpack, tactical vest, canteen etc... hit the last room open the door to find a bloke in a pay day mask looking at me, I jumped a freaking mile! He unleashed a volly of shots, all of which miss me, then starts shouting friendly! Sod that, I axed him in the noggin as I had forgot to set my gun hotkey to 1 and stole his gear. 

I guess I out bandited the loot farming whore!

Me 1 waster 0  :P

my new life as el bandito has begun.I should probably find someone to play with as backup from now on.

I'm so proud.  Remember, the only player that isn't a threat is the one you just sent back to spawn.

You know what freaks me out?  The outer door to a barracks is closed, and all the interior doors are open except one.

No, all of the interior doors were closed too, he must have logged in, in that room, heard me scurrying around and waited for me but, BOOM, I pwned that ass!

Its obviously a bug from the new patch. Going to have to wait for another patch before we can play our characters for more than 4 hours.

Here my suggestion: gear yourself with ammo, guns, foods, drink, nice clothing and just... Jump from the tower at green mountain if nobody was there to execute you, repeat 2-3 times. After that, you will really appreciate the game without really caring about your stuff. That an honest suggestion, finding gear is a lot of fun, hoarding is boring and lead to frustration upon dead.