Sign in to follow this  
epicpopcicle

No Servers

So I am new to the DayZ game and computer gaming in general, I bought the stand alone from Steam because I really started to get in to the mod. Everything is downloaded and loads up just fine however when hit play or change server there are absolutely no servers. Not servers are full it just doesnt show any servers at all? Is this a current bug, should I un/reinstall, am I missing something? Thanks in advance guys.

So I am new to the DayZ game and computer gaming in general, I bought the stand alone from Steam because I really started to get in to the mod. Everything is downloaded and loads up just fine however when hit play or change server there are absolutely no servers. Not servers are full it just doesnt show any servers at all? Is this a current bug, should I un/reinstall, am I missing something? Thanks in advance guys.

Make sure you have the internet tab selected on the server menu and that your filters are set to default.

Also, if you've just started give it a minute to start retrieving server information.  If that doesn't work try restarting the client.  Also, be aware that there may be intermittent issues with server listing from time to time during the Alpha.

• Like 1

Make sure you have the internet tab selected on the server menu and that your filters are set to default.

Also, if you've just started give it a minute to start retrieving server information.  If that doesn't work try restarting the client.  Also, be aware that there may be intermittent issues with server listing from time to time during the Alpha.

Ok so internet tab was clicked on but still no servers ill attempt to restart steam and give it another go.

Still no luck, ill let it run in the backround until the football game is over and see what happens, not a big deal I know its an alpha

Edited by EpicPopcicle

Ok so internet tab was clicked on but still no servers ill attempt to restart steam and give it another go.

I just meant, restarting the game client.

I just meant, restarting the game client.

Oh yeah I restarted that I tried restarting steam and my computer no luck though. It may also be due to my Xbox one streaming video and about 6 movies dl in bittorrent so ill just wait until everything settles down tonight.

Go to filter, change max ping to 1000000000000 (give or take a few zeros) My guess is you are finding no servers because the default max ping is 10 (if I remember correctly) and most servers have a much higher ping, so changing the max ping to a huge number gives you a much larger range of pings to find servers.  Hope this helps.

Satan Battles

• Like 1

Go to filter, change max ping to 1000000000000 (give or take a few zeros) My guess is you are finding no servers because the default max ping is 10 (if I remember correctly) and most servers have a much higher ping, so changing the max ping to a huge number gives you a much larger range of pings to find servers.  Hope this helps.

Satan Battles

You sir would be correct the ping was at 100 but all the servers found were at 200+ thanks man