Sign in to follow this  
Hawk24

DIY Suppressor

I guess it has been suggested multiple times already, but I think the mechanic I'm about to suggest might actually work with the ArmA engine, so bear with me

Let's say a DIY suppressor requires 3-5 empty tin cans (edit)and 1 scrap metal(/edit) to make

Once you have the needed amount in your inventory, you hit right click on one of them and build it through the menu

What you get the suppressor which should take up 2-3 inventory slots

Now to actually suppress your weapon of choice, you right click on the AMMO of your choice, which would convert it to SD ammo

This serves 4 purposes:

1) It represents the fragible design of a suppressor made from tin cans(will "break" after a couple of shots)

2) Prevents the item to be overpowered, as it will only last through one magazine while requiring atleast 4 inventory slots at first

3) Zombies won't be able to hear you, but players would still be able to locate you, as the suppressor won't exactly match military standarts

4) Doesn't require a new suppressed weapon model of each gun, only SD copies of the current ammo

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

This shiny update will also prevent the ability to just replenish selfmade SD ammo by relogging

Now to actually suppress your weapon of choice' date=' you right click on the AMMO of your choice, which would convert it to SD ammo

[/quote']

The idea itself looks nice, the thing that I liked the most was that the suppressor should be broken after 2-3 shots.

But the think I quoted, hell no. (Free ammo converter for true sd weapons)

Maybe another kind of limitation. Decrease the accuracy during those shots. Lower the sound but not as much as a military suppressor. Whatever.

I love the concept of this, however tin cans are SO easy to find, everyone would have a limitless supply of SD ammo. Perhaps a few tins and scrap metal to make a supress? Just a thought.

(Free ammo converter for true sd weapons)

Hmm...true

Maybe disable the DIY suppressor mechanic for certain types of rifles, like ARs

I love the concept of this, however tin cans are SO easy to find, everyone would have a limitless supply of SD ammo. Perhaps a few tins and scrap metal to make a supress? Just a thought.

The 4-5 tincans was just a quick guess at what *could* be needed

Scrap metal might be a good addition, because it's a lot less common than just tin cans