Sign in to follow this  
y0landi

Player Organization Terminology

Just a simple suggestion, not much to it. In many games player organizations are referred to as "clans" or "guilds." I don't think it fits in in DayZ. If they do introduce player organizations I think the term "band" would be most appropriate.

Clans, groups, guilds, organizations, bands, club, etc. I think it should reside to the group in what they want to call themselves.

I don't think they plan on making a "clan" system ingame. It should always, all be formed outside the game, and held together solely by player structure.

• Like 1

Statik is totaly right, cant add much to that. Not sure how the base building will work in future (far, far future), MAYBE then there MIGHT be SOME KIND of groups... but most likley not ;P

I thought I had heard somewhere that player organizations would be able to lay claim to certain structures--in which case there might be usage of terminology referring to player organizations in game.

In any case, I don't mind that the groups themselves should be able to choose the terminology they use. But if there is going to be only one term in game, as is the case in many games, I think that "band" is most fitting.

Just a suggestion to the dev team. Almost not worth the time it took to type it.

I thought I had heard somewhere that player organizations would be able to lay claim to certain structures--in which case there might be usage of terminology referring to player organizations in game.

My understanding was that this would be handled by them moving in, fortifying and defending the structure.

Unless you're referring to the instanced underground base idea.