demine0

How I optimized DayZ to get a constant 30 FPS while preserving game graphics quality

Its a waste to cut out this beautiful graphic game just to get a bunch of fps which will do u nothing.

This.

Super high FPS will not do much for you in this game. It seems like everyone is so obsessed with FPS that they forget what it's for. FPS is only important if you're doing an action intensive game like Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Skyrim... etc. For a game like this, it's not super fast paced so you can turn your graphics all the way down for a few (meaningless) frames per second, or you can max them out and have a beautiful game. I've played the game with both settings and they are a 20-30fps difference. Did I see any NOTICEABLE change in performance? Nope. Did I notice the graphics turn to crap? Yes.

I'm loving it, runs a lot smoother now. But for future reference, if I want to say change it back to the defaults do I have to just guess what the default settings were or what?

I'm loving it, runs a lot smoother now. But for future reference, if I want to say change it back to the defaults do I have to just guess what the default settings were or what?

Just go back to the files and change them to not be read only then change the settings in game.

and If you did the Nvidia/GPU part, just go back to it's options and disable/remove DayZ

This.

Super high FPS will not do much for you in this game. It seems like everyone is so obsessed with FPS that they forget what it's for. FPS is only important if you're doing an action intensive game like Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Skyrim... etc. For a game like this, it's not super fast paced so you can turn your graphics all the way down for a few (meaningless) frames per second, or you can max them out and have a beautiful game. I've played the game with both settings and they are a 20-30fps difference. Did I see any NOTICEABLE change in performance? Nope. Did I notice the graphics turn to crap? Yes.

umm I want to know what game your playing because this game is not graphically impressive in anyway shape or form infact its kind of bleh looking compared to most of the games you listed there

Asus G75vw

I did this and it lowered my FPS about 10-13 I was about 33 in a field looking across at some trees, then did this and went down to 20ish.