Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

Just want to see community preference on 1st/ 3rd person servers quickly.

196 members have voted

1. 1. What type of server will you be playing most of the time?

• First person only.
    • Third and first person servers.
    • Really not worried, not having third person/ having people spy on me from cover doesn't concern me.

What? That's terribly hypocritical. You could easily see around buildings whilst driving through cherno in a vehicle with 3rd person. Not sure if the road in clear on the next right? Just 3rd person freelook around the buildings while your car is safely in cover. Vehicles should be locked to 1st person just like the player cam.

OR

the devs modify 3rd person to not allow for the cheap gameplay it is used for.

Vehicles are fine with 3rd person view.

Problem is being able to cheat and see around cover and over walls therefore it should be removed completely.

Quit flaming.

A good fix to the issue has been implemented, everything else on the subject is people pretending their opinion is a fact.

I think first person should be for everything aswell.

If you have ever driven you should know that in a car you really have limited feel of where each four corners of your car are.

I suppose people are always going to have their preference, but I know I play dayZ for the most realistic apocalyptic simulator available.

I don't care if I can get 1 hit in the chest by a pistol.

I don't care that being shot in the leg forces me to limp.

I don't care that sometimes my player is hungry with no food.

I don't care for anything that ain't really necessary that also detracts from my level of immersion.

You nailed it brother.

• Like 1

Vehicles are fine with 3rd person view.

Problem is being able to cheat and see around cover and over walls therefore it should be removed completely.

I may have split the communities preference into three separate groups.

Sorry Rocket :)

Both are good in my opinion... I like first person for combat and 3rd for running around and exploring.

If people really want a hardcore experience, they should just play in first person servers and not use 3rd party communications for group play. Problem solved or do you need some more catering? :o

Both are good in my opinion... I like first person for combat and 3rd for running around and exploring.

If people really want a hardcore experience, they should just play in first person servers and not use 3rd party communications for group play. Problem solved or do you need some more catering? :o

Removing 3rd person is about fixing a huge exploit.

No reason to have it in game anymore.

First person only. And I support the idea of renaming 3dp servers to 'Noob wallhack aim assist server'

• Like 2

I can see a lot of good reasons for having options for 1st person and 3rd person only servers. There is however a few problems with that; fIrstly, in 1st person you will not always be able to pickup visible items and 1st person can be so disorienting and choppy within interiors. Additionally, there is a bug right now where when some people load into servers their viewpoint is bugged and they need to change perspectives in order for the game to render correctly. Once all of these issues have been addressed should they really implement these options.

Edited by IIvIIozzie

I would like it if everybody would use direct.

Maybe they could make it, mic is always on in a very short radius (say five metres) pressing the direct chat would just increase the range.

That way people using teamspeak may aswell be whispering into a military radio frequency.

They can no longer use other programs so easily to just talk between one another in another persons presence.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

I would like it if everybody would use direct.

Maybe they could make it, mic is always on in a very short radius (say five metres) pressing the direct chat would just increase the range.

That way people using teamspeak may aswell be whispering into a military radio frequency.

They can no longer use other programs so easily to just talk between one another in another persons presence.

Very good idea.

• Like 1

The big issue with third person view, is not that you CAN see around obstacles, it's the simple fact that, even if BOTH players are using third person, if someone is hiding behind a corner using third person to look around it, and another third personing player is running around, he will have NO IDEA that the other player is there, even though he is also in third person.

It does not apply to third person in vehicles, why? because vehicles are huge, and make a lot of noise, you'd hear the vehicle long before the person in the vehicle would see you(with lots of corners).

Now I am for first person only in vehicles as well, for the same reason I am for it outside of vehicles, however, it's clear that third person in vehicles is not as big of an issue as it is on foot.

First person in my opinion gives you a better experience, and at the same time, if they can see you, you can see them.

You can see your character by looking down, and by going to your inventory screen, and yes you can see the hand gestures in first person as well, you can obviously also only see the compass in first person, and gives you an actual reason for leaning rather then just a goofy dance.

TL;DR, third person is a crutch for peeking around corners in perfect safety, really no other reason for it.

Edited by Atomizer

Lets keep the third vs first person arguments down alright?

Most people have heard every point and we now have first person servers maybe the hardcore realists and roleplayers will come more prominent in the first person only servers.

I see a lot of KoS people in videos using third person to their advantage.

First vs third person in cars arguments can possibly go on though it has never really been discussed, and assuming windows can be broken... Then that will be a major avoidable disadvantage when driving.