Sign in to follow this  
DeadFfitchy

new player needs help joining games

Hi, I'm new to ARMA and DayZ and I'm having difficulty joining a game of DayZ,

I have installed: ARMA 2, British Armed Forces, Operation Arrowhead, Private Military Company and the DayZ mod...

whenever I try to join a game, I always get kicked from it before it even loads, stating that I have modified files in the Operation Arrowhead main folder. I uninstalled OA and tried to relaunch DayZ but it wouldn't work without it, so I'm currently reinstalling it.

Is there something completely obvious I've missed, or is there a lot more to all this than I think there is?

if someone could please let me know that would be great as I'm really looking forward to playing it as soon as possible!

thank you in advance,

from Lewis

Download DayZ commander and use that to update/run the game...makes life easier! You heard about the standalone game? One was released just before Xmas in Alpha state? Lots of bugs and glitches but these will be ironed out in time!

Thanks! I'll give that a go :) yeah I heard about it, but from what I've heard it's really buggy and not worth playing at the moment, I went for the ARMA version because it was on sale on Steam, meant I got more for my money seen as it came with the main game and the expansions, and it was cheaper!