Sign in to follow this  
Shit

Play as a zombie

Once you get killed by a zombie, you would be presented with the option of becoming one. Once a zombie, you could kill survivors by getting close to them and attacking them, much to the like of normal zombies.

- Killing survivors would replenish your health and possibly grant small bonus to speed/damage/etc.

- Player zombies could have a different field of vision. This could be archieved by forcing them to wear nvgs.

- Player zombies should be faster than survivors but not as fast as zombies.

- Attacking would work by zombie player getting within x distance of survivor and pressing a key. This would trigger an attack and the survivor would respond by being damaged (losing hp and bleeding.)

I don't know much abour Arma 2 Modding so I don't know how realistically something like this could be implemented.

Please no.

Very constructive post. I especially liked how you reasoned your opinion.

Nope. Its a survival game don't make it Left 4 Dead 3.

Zombies are NPC's and it will stay that way, maybe eventually they will add classes or factions.

OT: I wonder how you came up with your nickname.....

It won't happen because the official back story that goes with this game (not yet released) doesn't support players coming back as "zombies". Trust me on this one, I debated several pages on the topic before it was shot down and I gave up. Here is my original thread in case you want to see how that one went:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=187

What a Shit idea (sorry, couldn't resist :P)

Even if it were possible I would disagree with it. This game is about surviving as a human. Nothing else.

Its a survival game

What a Shit idea (sorry' date=' couldn't resist :P)

Even if it were possible I would disagree with it. This game is about surviving as a human. Nothing else.

[/quote']

No offense but that's a pretty lame excuse. This mod is as much about "survival" as any deathmatch multiplayer out there. At the moment I don't see any big penalties from dying, and respawning takes 3 minutes in the worst case scenario.

It won't happen because the official back story that goes with this game (not yet released) doesn't support players coming back as "zombies". Trust me on this one' date=' I debated several pages on the topic before it was shot down and I gave up. Here is my original thread in case you want to see how that one went:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=187

[/quote']

I see. It's a shame that some people have no taste. They're like that guy who had fun once and thought it was awful. Fine, if it's been discussed already, I don't see any reason to drag this suggestion on. You can delete this thread.