Sign in to follow this  
wolfsburg62

Character Stats

I would really like to see more detailed statistics of my character. How many kills/ deaths, playtime, rounds fired, accuracy ect. But most of all I would really love if they would implement a sort of player migration map. For example, you can open the map which has tracked all of your movement with color. Kind of like a topographical chart, or migration map. You would be able to see exactly where you've been, and what routes you took to get there. Red areas would be places you've spent the most time in, while green might represent you have been there once or twice. It would be really neat to see my movements like that because I have begun to develop a pattern and play style. Maybe its a stupid idea, but I'd definitely like to see more kinds of character statistics, like those journals Rocket showed us on early versions of DayZ Standalone. 

• Like 2

I would really like to see more detailed statistics of my character. How many kills/ deaths, playtime, rounds fired, accuracy ect. But most of all I would really love if they would implement a sort of player migration map. For example, you can open the map which has tracked all of your movement with color. Kind of like a topographical chart, or migration map. You would be able to see exactly where you've been, and what routes you took to get there. Red areas would be places you've spent the most time in, while green might represent you have been there once or twice. It would be really neat to see my movements like that because I have begun to develop a pattern and play style. Maybe its a stupid idea, but I'd definitely like to see more kinds of character statistics, like those journals Rocket showed us on early versions of DayZ Standalone. 

I'd like to see that map only if some stat named "Tracking" would be implemented. The bigger the "Tracking" the more accurate the tracks on the map are. Just like in Mount and Blade.

What they could do is allow you to use the pens you've found to draw with them on the map or onto books or even paper.

• Like 1

I can understand where you are coming from but i think the best idea to do that is probably later on in DayZ when they update it a lot and things are balanced. That way when people hopefully KoS less and servers are stable etc.. You could have it when you die, it shows your stats of that life and a map tracker to where you have been and gone.

• Like 1

There was the debug menu in the DayZ mod, and there was a reason they removed it. The devs want YOU to keep track of these things. I know I sometimes keep a pen and paper beside me when I play, just to count shots fired, confirmed kills etc as it's interesting to look at after, and when I'm trekking long distance I'll take notes of turns, directions and towns passed, which can prove invaluable to give a location to a friend or even to find where I am.

Don't expect the devs to count these things for you, do it yourself. It's much more fufilling and immersing as well.

What they could do is allow you to use the pens you've found to draw with them on the map or onto books or even paper.

You can make notes on paper. Although I have not been able to read them. But being able to put notes on the map, now you're on to something. That would make me actually use the shitty in game maps. 

Yes sir, best idea!

@TheCalyX

What does KOS have to do with anything? Geez, why does everyone keep bitching about KOS?? It's part of the game, its PVP, deal with it already or don't play.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 2