Sign in to follow this  
CyberVillain (DayZ)

Cant fire pistol

Maybe the condition of the mag is too bad?

Edit: Might want to ditch the shotgun shells, there's no shotgun in the game yet.

Edited by Ratiasu

I havent tried to fire weapons with mags which condition is below Worn so I cant say if its due to that. Detach the mag, unload it load it and attach it again. Ultimately reconnect your server.

Yeah, check the condition of the weapon and magazine. That might have something to do with it. If not, it might just be a bug, try unloading the mag, disconnecting, then reconnecting and loading it again.

Its not the mag its the gun.

I have read on other forums that when you player dupe the 45 doesnt work again no matter what the condition of the mag and bullets... it will just click

Does player dupe mean loot it from another player??

Oh and my vote would be on the condition of the magazine. You can see in the screenshot it's badly damaged. I can tell you as an ex-army that'll definitely prevent the weapon from firing!

Edited by Jaybopper

I had this same problem, eventually I found another fmx without a clip, which is too bad since my original clip was ruined, but to my surprise I put the ruined clip in the pistol and it fired, albeit unaccurately, so my guess is that there's a hidden condition in the gun that isn't visible yet.

I think that what captainvette2112 is trying to tell us is that when you loot a FNX45 from another player that it won't work..

I believe the actual issue here is the condition of the pistol. While playing yesterday, some guy shot at me in electro, I dumped two mags into him, only to have him shoot me in my leg (thus ruining my pants and my pistol which were in the pants.) After he shot me my pistol would no longer work. I believe weapons themselves have conditions but they are hidden and not shown over the weapon when you hover over them. I tried everything, using new mags, unloading the mags, reloading them, etc, nothing would work. I found a new pistol, put in the mag from my other pistol and it worked perfectly.