Sign in to follow this  
BoBoRoSSa

Dayz Capture and Encoding for YT, my first SA video

Hi I would rather talk about how you people capture and encode videos for YT.

I saw a few videos now on this forum now and noticed that there are some very sharp videos and some videos that gets very pixelated when the screen is moving fast.

I myself having the problem of that pixelation and I wont it gone as much as possible.

I capture with following

Video: DXTory Lagarith 1080p@30fps RGB mode
Audio: DXTory PCM Stereo 48kHz 32bit
Mic: DXTory PCM Mono 48kHz 16bit @ T.Bone Sc440

And I rendered with Sony Vegas 12 as such:

Main Concept AVC .mp4

Audio: 192 Kbit/s; 48.000 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo; AAC
Video: 29,970 fps; 1920x1080 Progressive; YUV; 14 Mbit/s at averege  24 Mbit/s at max

I deactivated intelligent resampling.

The rendersetting with 14mbit avg and 24max are pretty high end 1080p settings and there is much room for a nice picture. However DayZ is a bit tricky and you can a tiny bit of pixelation on the video. BUT after uploading the pixelation is way worse.

Now i need your know how: How do you render videos to get the best YT result ?

Post you settings and the video with it. When we work something out that brings us all ahead when it comes to making good videos.

Edited by BoBoRoSSa

I second this! :( 
Iam having the same problem with video making in DayZ and would love some help. ;)

I have some questions about that bitrate. 14 to 24 is good but if you up it it will be better? How much?

I use Bandicam to capture the footage. I separate my audio streams, too, so I can tweak 'em if need be.

I used to use Premiere Pro CS6 to encode and compress, but it got a bit buggy for me a while back. I've since been persuaded into Vegas Pro 12, and I'm getting used to it.

You need to remember that YouTube encodes the videos you upload, regardless. Personally, I keep it at a 8-14 bitrate. WMV is faster for rendering, I find, and smaller than mp4.

What do you mean by that? Shall I further increase the bitrate and see how much the quality improves? the key thing here is sadly youtube making a mess of my video, because on the computer the files are looking fine...

Problem is Iam uploading with like 30 kB/s testing now with higher bitrates is most likely not manageable in my schedule.

Anyone can tell me and the rest of this community their secret ? :)

edit:

Thanks andarne

separating audio streams is something I will do myself in the feature, if someone in TS says something stupid I can silence him afterwords :D. But first I tackle the problem at high priority. But for the future, is it a program like this http://www.e2esoft.cn/vsc/ you use it for? so the game and TS3 or even other sources are put out as an own soundstream in Win7 ?

But back to the video itself.

Can you post one of you videos? if its also good looking encoded by YT the smaller file size might be just an sweet extra. I really want to have sharp videos of DayZ, cant be to much asked of YT to deliver that.

Edited by BoBoRoSSa

I've noticed some pixelation too, it happens in some of my videos where-as it's non-existent in others, even with the same settings.

7cfadbb945ba240d94c41c76448ec873.png

Here's a video without blurriness,

Here's a video with blurriness,

Same options, render settings and what not; have no idea what could be causing it to be honest.

Iam using RGB instead of YV12 when recording, are there benefits of using YV12 ?

wmv videos i need to try. my big bitrate mp4 files dont get the results i hoped for anyway

I personally use bandi-cam. The thing that I cant seem to figure out for the life for me is, are you allowed to upload DayZ videos and use the monetize option on Youtube?

I looked into that post but it seems that they are saying that you can do videos but without ads. Am I correct?

Long story short, if you want to monetize videos (place ads to generate a visitation revenue) with content by BI then you need to email them with the steps taken from that thread.

Long story short, if you want to monetize videos (place ads to generate a visitation revenue) with content by BI then you need to email them with the steps taken from that thread.

Alright I have done that. I guess where I was confused was who owns the game officially. Bi or rocket.

Alright I have done that. I guess where I was confused was who owns the game officially. Bi or rocket.

Well, I spoke on behalf of content from BI.

I'm not sure if Dean is taking the same approach with content from DayZ Game.

It was different with the modification because the end-content was still owned by BI.

Well, I spoke on behalf of content from BI.

I'm not sure if Dean is taking the same approach with content from DayZ Game.

It was different with the modification because the end-content was still owned by BI.

That's what I figured. That's why I was thinking to myself if I should even fill out the other one if it isn't even going to matter.

Iam using RGB instead of YV12 when recording, are there benefits of using YV12 ?

wmv videos i need to try. my big bitrate mp4 files dont get the results i hoped for anyway

RGB is producing much larger files and it uses more CPU. YV12 uses less space and performance, but your colour is safed differently, meaning that you will not get 100% of the colour accurency that RGB offers. However since AVC (H.264) renders in YUV anyway (similar to YV12), it doesn't matter.

I would recommend you to not use Vegas' internal codecs for encoding. If you want to, at least set the fps to 30... there is no need to downsample from 30fps to 29.997fps, YouTube works with 30fps.

I am using a rather difficult workaround to get my videos rendered with AviDemux (x264 codec, own profile), but if you want to try that out, you can pm me.

Btw, I am not recording my DayZ videos with Dxtory, since streaming and highlighting is easier for such long recording sessions.