ComboBreaker

What is the actual purpose of barbed wire?

I don't see the point in barbed wire except to block off access to loot (firestations etc.). Removing them is a pain, I gave up after a few minutes of trying WITH a toolbox... a few minutes where I could have been shot in the back. Either make the hit box much bigger for the purpose of removing the wire with the toolbox, or just get rid of it.

Whilst I'm sure it will have uses in the future, atm it's one and only use is as an annoyance... to block buildings on a server that the barbed wire user may not even visit again.

Out of 1500 views this one got I hope one was Rocket's.I'm really interested of his thoughts on this subject.

Came across "barbed" farm house,now thats retarded.

I agree, remove them.

The current 'locking' of loot spawns by magically indestructible wire that can't be removed with a wire fencing kit due to clever positioning is an engine abuse, nothing more.

About 75% of the buildings in Elektro and Cherno are blocked by barbed wire on FR16.

Even some buildings with low level loot like civilian houses were blocked.

This really is just a way to grief people and adds nothing to the game in its current state.

I got a toolbox so I aint got a problem with removing them if they block something I want :P

yep barbed wire situation is getting completely out of hand. usually i dont cry for stuff to get REMOVED from the game, but this time i'm making an exception.

pretty please with sugar on top, and a cherry, rocket, barbed wire needs to go (at least for now). was trying to show dayz to a friend who just bought arma 2 to play dayz with me. but he got really frustrated because none of the buildings in cherno where enterable.

its past just Cherno. Every town ive entered just after ive spawned has had all the lootable buildings blocked by the stuff. Last town i tryed was Kamenka.

Although I have a toolbox, I totally agree: Barbed wire, sandbags and tanktraps do not really serve any other purpose then annoying other players: Have it removed until you find a real purpose for them. And if you do, please make them more rare. Right now they seem to spawn more often then matches, kind of odd.