Sign in to follow this  
martink8190@gmail.com

The sound thread

Are you happy with default sounds or should they hire a modder?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your preferred option?

• I think the default sounds are alright
    • I prefer other sound mod
    • I can't tell the difference of compressed Mp3, 120kps or 24bit/192Hz..sounds same to me..I might be deaf
    • I want JSRS, I know LJ would do an outstanding job

Shame is that most people just would not care till they are shown the difference but, let's see what is the community stance

Let's be honest, sounds are very important factor in games and more so in games like dayz. I am sure they are far from finished but BI has been simply unable to deliver yet half decent sounds and arma 3 is not an exception.

( As a matter of fact Dayz probably has better sounds already..IMO )

Modders have more time and especially, passion and is why I believe if team rocket would hire Lord jarhead ( or other sound modder ) I bet we would be in for a treat. So, should team rocket consider hiring Lord jarhead, the author of JSRS or other modder?

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

They have a new sound guy and i don't think he has even scratched the surface yet. The next few months should bring some promising stuff.

• Like 1

I think Rocket mentioned in one of the streams that sound had a lot of work to be done to but that it had lower priority than other issues at the moment. He didnt say it was unimportant, just that it was not at the top of the list at the moment.

I dont see a point of a poll at the moment, at such an early stage of the development, other than to send a message to BI that sound is important.

Totally agree with the importance/quality of sound though. It adds so much to the immersion.

They have a new sound guy and i don't think he has even scratched the surface yet. The next few months should bring some promising stuff.

Wasn't aware of them having a new sound engineer, sounds indeed promising

I think Rocket mentioned in one of the streams that sound had a lot of work to be done to but that it had lower priority than other issues at the moment. He didnt say it was unimportant, just that it was not at the top of the list at the moment.

I dont see a point of a poll at the moment, at such an early stage of the development, other than to send a message to BI that sound is important.

Totally agree with the importance/quality of sound though. It adds so much to the immersion.

Its completely understandable that sounds are not the priority for now and that's fine but knowing BI, they would leave us with sub par audio. Again, happy to learn there is a new recruit to take care of sounds.

Also, yes the poll was made to merely reflect the importance of audio :)

• Like 1

OMG please remove the "Aw f!@k that hurts!" from the game when your character is wounded, it sounds like an english prisoner being raped.