mirc00

There is still hope - found a friendly survivor - Story inside!

Hope is still there guys, it all started yesterday evening, as i was logging in to the game. I logged in east of Elektro with an AKM + Revolver, each with 4 Mags. I had nothing else, just some tools, but nothing to eat or drink. I was on Teamspeak with a friend of mine, we wanted to meet up, but he was far away, so i decided to head to Elektro to loot some buildings. As i was running while in Elektro, i aggroed some zombies and eventually got hit by one and i was bleeding, losing around 300-500 blood per second. I aggroed too much zombies, so i thought it is a good idea to just run away, trying to hide somewhere.

So i was running through Elektro, abot 20 zombies behind me, i killed a few, checked my gear and saw that i have NO bandages left, at that point i was at about 8k blood left, so i fucking ran to all spots in Elektro where loot spawnes, followed by a shitload of zombies. I managed to not find any bandage, while i was on 1,5k blood, i stood infront of the hospital, desperately shooting the glass of the building to get in. Inside the building, i finally found some bandages and blood-bags, bandaging myself with 800 blood left, falling unconscious every few minute. Good thing was, at that point, the zombies couldn't get inside the hospital, they were stuck on the glass.

I decided to relog, so all the zombies were gone. After relogging, i saw that the glass of the hospital was fixed, so i couldn't get out. My plan was then to shoot the glass, and just ran out of Elektro. Unfortunately, after unloading a AKM mag into the glass, i aggroed again a shit ton of zombies and the glass didn't even break. So i relogged again, so the zombies will disappear. I was literally trapped inside the building, and i was falling unconscious again.. my only hope was another player who might can help me out here.

So i start screaming over voice-chat for help, after a few minutes i saw a survivor who ran right in fron of the glass from one side to another. He had no gun and was chased by ~10 zombies. The zombies finally saw me and left the running survivor alone, but came to me instead. As i wrote above, they couldn't come in, because of the glass between the zombies and me. My thought was then, to relog, so the zombies will disappear, then trying to scream over voice-chat for the survivor who just passed me.

Done that, and the survivor came back to me, standing in front of the glass with no weapon, asking me where all the zombies are which were just chasing him. I told him that i relogged and he told me over voice-chat that he was new in the game and has no idea what he is doing. I told him that i will shoot the glass with my few ammo left, then he should come inside. It worked out, i killed all the incoming zombies, then asked my new friend if he can give me a blood-bag. He answered that he didn't know how to do it, so i told him a few basic things about DayZ and the gear-options. So i gave him a blood-transfusion, and so did he. I decided to drop my AKM for him with 2 mags left, because he had no weapon at all and i still had my revolver with 2 mags.

Eventually, we fought our way through Elektro, heading to the barn north of it. As we were approaching the barn, we saw the message that the server will be restarted in 2 mins. We tried to get inside the barn, but got a "Session lost" on our way. I relogged, but my new friend didn't came back, i'm guessing he didn't know on which server he was. It was a hell of a fun, even if we didn't played that long. It also changed my mind about killing people on sight. So yea, it was my first time teaming up with a unknown dude, you see, there is still hope. Not everyone will shoot immediately on sight. :)

tl;dr: You should really read the story. ;)

I don't like this at all, for one reason.

"Relogged so the zombies will despawn". Thats lame.

I mean, well.. thats cheating.

...You shouldn't because there are no rules against it.

Just saying its a bit lame.

The story ain't to bad though <3

I meant it sarcastically. You're right, it's lame, and i do not like ppl doing it either, and i did not relog to save my gear, because i have more then enough in our tents, it was more to survive and try another player to help me. I could have just get me killed, an AKM and some tools are found within less then 1hr playtime.

Apart from this, i killed around 50 zombies while trying to survive and save my friend from being eaten alive. :P

Still hope? He was unarmed and new to the game. Give him a few hours and he'll fit right in with the bandits.

There is still hope. I teamed up with loads of guys, even people with dmrs and veichels can be friendly!

@Remix: I'm not sure about this, yea he was new to the game and had no weapon, but when i was new to the game, i basically tried to kill everyone on sight or hide from them, when i see there is no chance to take them out.

But this guy just stood there, totally relaxed. Seemed like a really nice guy from his first sentences.

i have no gripes with ur relogging - it was done to save ur life not ur gear . . . . .

I also have a story . . . . . (i'll keep it short)

I was on a server the other night, cant remember which 1, logging into my position which I had left the previous night - hill above military tents in stary sobor. Upon my logging I gave a scan over the hills and the surrounding area as well as into the town itself, this is when I spotted a guy crawling around by the tents. Reap3r was his name. I observed him for a bit, checked his gear out with my binos and seeing as he had an AKM and standard backpack decided to watch him. He had a cpl of Z's coming to the rear of him so I called out to him to warn him - I don't think he believed me and as they were getting closer and so I shot them to save him. I offered to show him deer stands nearby but he declined and replied with "if you are a bandit just shoot me now" - I had plenty of opportunity to kill him but I was in survivor mode this life round (i switch each death) and told him I could but I wont. It turned out he was wounded and needed morphine so I made my way to him, taking a risk myself, and gave him my only morphine - from there on we went out into the wilderness together and watched each others backs as we headed towards NWAF - we raided it but got nothing of value (been that way recently) and when we got attacked by Z's we looked after each other. Server lost session and havn't seen him since.

Reap3r - if ur out there man, ur on my good guy list

TL;DR - there still is decent players . . . . . .

I met two other survivors once, one was a girl named eric(?) and idk the other guys name because I guess he didnt know how to use the chat, but could still see what I was typing (again idk) so I gave one an axe and we went around, looted a town, and I told them to wait so I could restart my arma, so I restarted, came back and they werent there, so I walked a bit and heard flies, and sure enough it was one of them, so I looted them and took my hatchet back :p, and went on to find the other guy face down in a pool of his own blood inside a barn, so I looted him and took his beans and binocs :p

Just my story of 3 guys (questionably) and 2 hatchets :p

I have massive problems with people relogging to avoid death. Doesn't that kind of completely ruin the point of the game? Isn't it about survival? Doesn't pulling a shed load of zombies and having no bandages and bleeding out mean you failed on that occasion? Isn't quitting for that moment only to come back in having reset the zombies something a child would think is good? It's like kids playing football penalties and when they miss the goal claiming that one was for 'practice' and that the next one actually counts.

That's right, next time I want to survive a zombie attack I'll run into a building and *disappear from reality*. I won't feel like I cheated death at all because relogging takes an awful lot of skill.

I only log out at the end of an evening's play or when I'm dead and have had my fill for the time being. I mean what the hell?

This same exact story happened to me, except I was the one giving a blood transfusion to a guy who was geared up. Everything went almost exactly the same but we were in Cherno. We hid in a corner and I gave him a BT and he returned the favor, then he dropped a shotgun for me, although I told him I didn't really want anything in return. As we're about to leave, he gets domed by a bandit. I have no choice but to loot this stranger which I was going to call my friend, and then on my way out the sniper got me as well. Good thing is, I respawned in Elektro so I ran as fast as I could and relooted everything while the sniper was searching elsewhere. Those darn bandits ruining great moments. I have yet to kill anyone, I don't want to stoop to the level of a bandit. It sure has cost me tons of gear though.