axtranti

M4a4 bullets/magazine Question

You probably mean the M4A1. You need 5.56mm cartridges which can be found in magazines with a size of 10 to 60 or in cardboard boxes containing 20 each. You need to put them into a magazine first, then put the magazine into your rifle.

I found two magazines for m4a1 in barracks somewhere out in the middle of the woods..

Are you talking about a Military Base above kamenka?

• Like 1

5.56 bullets to load into a CMAG to load into the M4.

but you need to find the magazine first which is a pain in the ass.

And to add to this you really need to find the double clip to be a real bad ass, lets see a bandit survive 60 bullets if your not aiming at the sun by the end of the spray that is.

If you're really desperate you can load a single round into the M4 (just drag the cartridges onto the rifle) even if you don't have a magazine. You can't however do this with the pistol.

Edited by AshleyP

Little side quib concerning the M4A1, is there a way to toggle burst/single fire?

I preffer controlled potshotting over spraying since bullets can sometimes be limited.

The M4A1 uses 5.56x45 CMAG/STANAG with a magazine size of 10, 20, 30, 40 and 60(2x30). You can toggle the fire mode with T I think. I don't know if fire mode toggling is enabled or not.

Edited by Cliyde

Little side quib concerning the M4A1, is there a way to toggle burst/single fire?

I preffer controlled potshotting over spraying since bullets can sometimes be limited.

Press T to toggle fire mode, though it doesn't actually tell you whether you are in semi or full auto so you'll have to just remember.

If you're really desperate you can load a single round into the M4 (just drag the cartridges onto the rifle) even if you don't have a magazine. You can't however do this with the pistol.

That sounds like an oversight. Pretty much all pistols I've ever seen can chamber a single round without a magazine. I haven't shot the in-game pistol IRL, though, it might have a magazine disconnect, that prevents firing when there's no mag inserted... 

Press T to toggle fire mode, though it doesn't actually tell you whether you are in semi or full auto so you'll have to just remember.

Yeah I thought it was T, I just never hear the click or see a knob turning on my rifle so I wondered.

I hammered the T button somany times now I have no way of knowing what mode im in.

I guess the next rambo who comes at me is bound to find out. :rolleyes:

That sounds like an oversight. Pretty much all pistols I've ever seen can chamber a single round without a magazine. I haven't shot the in-game pistol IRL, though, it might have a magazine disconnect, that prevents firing when there's no mag inserted... 

Yeah hopefully just an oversight.  I have an FNX irl and it does not have a magazine disconnect safety.