Sign in to follow this  
thedogfoodyayho

Armored Vehicles

Before you rage, read this.

I'm not saying to put a fucking Abrams in, I'm talking about light, Unarmed or very lightly armed Armored cars or APCs like a BRDM, BMP (HQ version) and a modified HMMV. 

The BRDMs are used by Police and Military in almost all Eastern Armies. Maybe a turret-less version?

The BMP HQ has a Dummy gun and a PK LMG in an Exposed position, no turret for the gunner. You should have to add the Machine gun.

The HMMV isn't really very well armored, so some have had Armor Packages added. The wheels are still venerable unless bullet-proof versions are fitted.

Those would allow players to travel in relative safety, but since improvised explosives are supposedly planned, i doupt armor would make you invulnerable to everyone. 

But to Nerf it, maybe a Super-rare, persistent land mine that is only set off by vehicles. Players could De-arm them and pick them up.

And repairing them would be difficult. You would have to find "Armor" instead of scrap metal, Bullet proof tires for better protection, and maybe even different engines. 

And they would guzzel fuel.

It would add more end-game content less OP than helicopters, and add a huge thrill to the game, especially clan wars. 

And i wouldn't say it would be unrealistic. Chernarus had an Army, and Armys have Armor.

Once they have an appropriate counter.

IED remote control truck?

I never want camera controlled MG's though.

They should never be found with rounds in gun/ working engine though.

And engine should be super hard to repair.

They have to make sense in balance and sense in gameplay.

But, it should be rare.

Preferably keep out BMP's, maybe military Vodnik type things.

I wonder what dayz could possibly put in to take out the armor...

GlJdT1b.gif

I wonder what dayz could possibly put in to take out the armor...

GlJdT1b.gif

IED and creative transportation/ trigger system would be fine.

Stop taking things to proportions that aren't needed.

I think that the armoured and ungunned vehicles would be alright, although I think there has to be some balance to the increased bullet protection, perhaps an incredible fuel useage like real military vehicles compared to civilian models. What I don't like is large APC's or anything like that, limit it to Humvee's please.

IED and creative transportation/ trigger system would be fine.

Stop taking things to proportions that aren't needed.

Nothing wrong with a suggestion... As it's only a mere opinion you either agree or disagree. (quiet frankly i don't care what you think)