TheCalyx

Server Hop Suggestion?

I have recently seen a lot of Server Hopping within DayZ and i was wondering that to be able to stop it, you could have it so, if you join a server, you are added to a timeout list if you disconnect from that server, meaning if you log out without dieing, you can't connect back within a certain amount of time. Or another idea was to have it that if you disconnect and try to log into another server, it will redirect you back to the previous server you logged out of to prevent combat logging and server hopping for loot.

What do you think? I think it can be easily implemented at some point

And it will be. /endthread

Well i don't think it has been mentioned, with these ideas anyway

Edited by TheCalyx

It has been mentioned a load of times today, yesterday and even all the way back to when the mod was learning to walk. Lrn2search bro. This is like the 5th server hopping thread I have seen today.

On a side note, your idea could work but it would involve the server doing more crap and slowing down the server/hive. I suggested way back that you have coding like in DayZ Epoch trader cities that doesn't allow you to log out in a town/city/military complex and you have to wander out to the nearest field or forest to log out. Anyone that alt+F4's or D/C's there would either be knocked out upon log in or teleported to the nearest tree line away from said city/town/military area.

Edited by Be4st

Make characters remain in-world for 40 seconds after they log out. Shouldn't be too hard to implement in standalone's hive-based system.

• Like 1

Server hop and your character dies.

I agree or have a 30 second logout time toon just sits there.....ie make sure u are logging out at a very safe place.

Server hopping/hive is good in theory but its abused and hurts the game more than helps imo

Edited by Milkman080

I think having your character die from a server hop would cause more harm than good. I think just having your character being added to the "time-out" list is plenty good. Once you leave, come back in half an hour max.

Or another idea was to have it that if you disconnect and try to log into another server, it will redirect you back to the previous server you logged out of to prevent combat logging and server hopping for loot.

No. The player should be required to have a choice on joining a new server. Forcing them to a previously joined server doesn't serve much of a purpose. That person may have left that server for any reason. The first idea is the best alternative to combat server hopping.

Edited by TIC321

Really, the only way to solve it is a private hive and you have to play that exact server to play with your character with gear.

It has been mentioned a load of times today, yesterday and even all the way back to when the mod was learning to walk. Lrn2search bro. This is like the 5th server hopping thread I have seen today.

Sigh...yeah...I can't even bring myself to copy-paste my polite cookie-cutter response to this topic this time.  And I hate to say things like Lrn2search, especially anything that begins with "Lrn2" or "It's an Alpha" but yeah...in this case.

Suffice to say, Rocket is aware of the issue and has even addressed the issue and how it would be dealt with before the Alpha was even released.  The devs are fully aware of this.  If you really want to use the feedback tracker, but there are already a number of feedback tickets on combat logging.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/