Xequinox90

[SUGGESTION] Vehicles

So for when cars trucks and buses come into the game next year I had a thaught about adding vehicle security

My first idea - vehicle wheel clamps - easily attachable and detachable with the correct tools , would stop random people coming and robbing up your vehicle

Second - would have to be central locking for cars , and keys !! Who doesn't want car keys ? , I also think hot wiring would be cool

Thirdly , attachable and detachable , vehicle protection , metal sheeting or wood planks or something , just a thaught

Not sure if any have been thaught of prolly have by dev team but oh we'll

• Like 9

One thing that annoyed me, to no end, was the system present in Epoch. The vehicles could only be unlocked by their owner. Nobody else. There was no option to try and crack them, or break in.

I'm all for security, but not unbeatable security.

• Like 2

How would a locked door or clamped wheel stop someone from robbing your car?

I think it would be nice for making it harder to steal the car itself, but for protection against people robbing the car? Nah, too far fetched.

One thing that annoyed me, to no end, was the system present in Epoch. The vehicles could only be unlocked by their owner. Nobody else. There was no option to try and crack them, or break in.

yeah that an seing those cars locked all over the place for weeks. but we do have tools in the game so we could have plenty of ways to unlocking them

How would a locked door or clamped wheel stop someone from robbing your car?

I think it would be nice for making it harder to steal the car itself, but for protection against people robbing the car? Nah, too far fetched.

I didn't mean unbeatable security , I did say detachable too lol , with the correct tools

I didn't mean unbeatable security , I did say detachable too lol , with the correct tools

You addressed nothing of what i said.

Robbing a car = Stealing something from inside the car

Stealing a car = stealing the car itself.

I think this is where we are getting it confused..

Edited by Firstbornchicken
  • Like 1

If they added central locking and door locks then I would say allow them to be picking with lock pick sets etc , and then once you've picked locks the alarms should be set off , making huge alarm noises and eventually zombies should make there way from nearby towns etc , disable car alarm and continue to hotwire if keys not present , then get the fuck out of dodge because there will be zombies and possibly the car owner coming

You addressed nothing of what i said.

Robbing a car = Stealing something from inside it

Stealing a car = stealing the car itself.

I think this is where we are getting it confused..

Yes sorry lol , robbing the car of loot . Yeah that wouldn't be stopped , but if windows are smashed alarms should pop see above post lol

i like the idea of personally owned/secured vehicles, but the wheel clamping thing to me seems like a new level of griefing... either players running around a map, clamping all vehicles for shits and giggles or to secure it until they find the required parts to get it running

or they stumble upon your camp and clamp all the cars there for the hell of it

i like the key idea too, but i dont think it should be a defining security feature, i think players who want it enough (and with the right tools and or know-how) could steal the vehicle anyways, by breaking a window or using a tool to unlock the car, hotwiring is a great idea, delay the ability to start the vehicle up when you dont have the key for it etc.

one of the best parts of DayZ mod was roaming the woods and finding a camp with some fully repaired vehicles, robbing them blind and leaving

• Like 1

i like the idea of personally owned/secured vehicles, but the wheel clamping thing to me seems like a new level of griefing... either players running around a map, clamping all vehicles for shits and giggles or to secure it until they find the required parts to get it running

or they stumble upon your camp and clamp all the cars there for the hell of it

i like the key idea too, but i dont think it should be a defining security feature, i think players who want it enough (and with the right tools and or know-how) could steal the vehicle anyways, by breaking a window or using a tool to unlock the car, hotwiring is a great idea, delay the ability to start the vehicle up when you dont have the key for it etc.

one of the best parts of DayZ mod was roaming the woods and finding a camp with some fully repaired vehicles, robbing them blind and leaving

I totally agree , many of server have me and my friends ruined by doing that , but something new with vehicles would be nice , something to make you feel like it's yours , the more you have in game , the more you want to play it and care about dying etc

Thirdly , attachable and detachable , vehicle protection , metal sheeting or wood planks or something!   
Support

Edited by wazaap

"hot wiring' a car sure will get the motor running, but the car still can't be driven... steering wheel lock anyone?

Alarms? Who leaves their vehicle in the middle of town when they log off? e.g. for the zambie's come running idea? Yes, I know there are to be roaming hoards but still...

No locks, No 'securing' of a vehicle. Maybe wheel boots, but again, should be (relatively) surmountable.

If you can't hide your ride well enough, you loose it :o

When zombies become more feared I think it'll work , if the alarm pops you know zombies are coming your gonna start panicing , your either gonna get out of there or hurry up remove the clamp smash window hot wire car disable alarm , just a lot to think about when taking other peoples car so I don't know if all ideas would work ? , but I think deffo the alarm and zombies being attracted bit would be epic

I hear there are vehicles, horders keep the. Way way way in the Northern reaches of the map.

My only suggestion is NO military camo vehicles.. Nice bright colours please stop the hoarding.

I hear there are vehicles, horders keep the. Way way way in the Northern reaches of the map.

My only suggestion is NO military camo vehicles.. Nice bright colours please stop the hoarding.

I would have to disagree , military vehicles should have camo , and civilian vehicles should be a random colour when spawned , not just bright so people can spot them easily , that also brings me to another idea

When car alarms go off , with it indicators should be flashing causing ( if it's hidden in woods ) light to be shined like it would do irl

Simple solution.  Cars can be everywhere hidden whatever..gas tho.  Gas can be very rare.

You suggest there was a problem ? Why are you issueing solutions ? There wasn't a problem in the first place , this is just a suggestion thread

Thirdly , attachable and detachable , vehicle protection , metal sheeting or wood planks or something!   

Support

Why did you bold that lol?

Hot wiring and jumper cables.  :beans:  Improve the friendly's.

Haha have mine :)

Would be a Scouse making a post like this ay ROFL :D

I just support them mate , I'm a cockney :/