marsmars

Great guide for new players - tells you what each symptom means and how to cure!

Great guide, Sir well done this is very helpful. My personal view on drinking the spays and such is that it should be left in, along with all dangerous actions. It all adds to the 'need to learn' factor, just as in real life.

• Like 2

You dont need a message for that. Its pretty obvious, when your character will just crawl and wont stand up

whats REALLY annoying is that sometimes I'll fall in a barn in some deserted area far from towns and will break my legs, then I have to crawl for like an hour until my character dies of hunger/thirst since there are no zombies or other players around

• Like 1

whats REALLY annoying is that sometimes I'll fall in a barn in some deserted area far from towns and will break my legs, then I have to crawl for like an hour until my character dies of hunger/thirst since there are no zombies or other players around

yeah tell me about it

if my character falls i'd rather he die from the fall than survive and have broken bones

If you have disinfectant spray you can drink it to commit suicide

Thanks for this, could have done with it last night before I passed out and died from eating a rotten banana.... I was starving... I had cans but no way to open them. I ate the banana. :(

I got stomach cramps... Anyone know this one?

What does the message say exactly

I got stomach cramps... Anyone know this one?

You mean this one:

"I feel cramps in my stomach"

It means chemical poisoning from drinking the disinfectant

You can cure it by inducing vomiting (try drinking a lot of water until you vomit)

Edited by SurvivorX

Also the morphine injector will fix a broken leg.  Tested it out last night with another random clipping fall.

Also the morphine injector will fix a broken leg.  Tested it out last night with another random clipping fall.

Where do those inectors spawn? I've never found one

I've found them in homes, jail/barracks and the hospitals.  Essentially they're a blue and pink epinephrine pen.

Ok, what's with "Shit that hurts", my dude has been saying this for the last hour and it's getting pretty f'n annoying. I have no hunger/thirst/sick icons on my inventory screen. My guy can walk, run, sprint with no issues. But he keeps repeating this over and over and over... 

Edited by Kegaro

Called a head cold in other parts of the universe.

Just variation of a normal cold / virus except the symptoms are felt more in the head than respiratory area.

I think

He left out the most important part: Terminal Brain Flu. That just doesn't sound like any normal cold/virus I've heard of. Almost sounds like Meningitis.

Awesome list, though! 

Ok, what's with "Shit that hurts", my dude has been saying this for the last hour and it's getting pretty f'n annoying. I have no hunger/thirst/sick icons on my inventory screen. My guy can walk, run, sprint with no issues. But he keeps repeating this over and over and over... 

keep eating and drinking until you regen blood and health, it should dissappear after a certain time

Also a good tip for new players:

If you get hit by a zombie, and you are bleeding and dont have a bandage, just take off your shirt and make it into rags, then use those rags to bandage yourself! This tip will save you from death many times!

another thing that I wanted to add based on another post I just saw:

I think if you drink water from a pond you can become sick

if possible, use soda cans and water pumps, those are safer

of course if you dont have a choice then drink from ponds and hope to find charcoal tablets

Also one related tip, some new players seem to think that drinking the disinfectant spray cures infected wounds - but it doesnt. Actually you should NEVER drink the disinfectant spray because it will kill your character! I think the spray is used for disinfecting equipment and stuff but not wounds

Natural selection mate.

On topic: 

Very nice, will most certainly be of use.

• Like 2

Anybody know why Antibiotics give you a "sick" message and the constant message "my wounds look cleaner". I don't know that this character has ever taken damage of any kind yet and this kind of concerned me. Checked around and it seems to be normal and goes away after a while... Wouldn't have taken it if I knew this would happen. Pretty random.

From my own experience, the complaining comes from infected wounds. Use Alcohol Tincture on yourself, and don't panic about the "Sick" message you'll get on your Inventory screen, Your character should stop whining and you'll see "My wounds hurt less" for a few minutes until it fades away.

• Like 1

Also a good tip for new players:

If you get hit by a zombie, and you are bleeding and dont have a bandage, just take off your shirt and make it into rags, then use those rags to bandage yourself! This tip will save you from death many times!

Good tip

When my character first spawns I take off the shirt and make it into rags for emergency

Thanks. This is very useful

yeah I have it bookmarked and I check it every time my character complains :)