Sign in to follow this  
Aurentius Maximus™

How to find friends?

Hey guys,

i tried to group up with some friends, but I really dunno where they are, I also don't know the map good enough. Is there a way to find them easily like Coordinations or something else?

Best Regards

The 2 main cities, Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk (or Cherno and Elektro), are pretty common-ish spawns.

Cherno is easily recognised by its large factories and chimney's. It also has the apartment building with the plane crashed in it. It also has massive apartment buildings you can see for miles in a pretty close location.

Elektro is the town that is essentially 2 cities. One is mainly made of industrial buildings and has the dock. The other is a little further up.

Zeleno is another city, but is rarely visited because of its remote location. Too far away and not enough good loot buildings.

Stary Sobor is mainly recognized by its water tower. 

The airfields are also pretty recognizable. They are the ones with 

The Balota airfield has a military camp near it, the North East airfield (or Krasnotav airfield) is rarely visited because of its remote location. (The new apartments near Cherno can be seen from here).

The North West airfield, probably the most infamous location in the game, is usually occupied by bandits. I don't think you can accidentally stumble upon the NE / NW airfields.

Otherwise you can ask your friends to look at the Russian signs. Most of the time you'll be able to tell what they are saying, they look pretty similar to their English counterparts.

Maybe play some ArmA II, (or if you don't really want to buy it, get the demo). Spawn a helicopter in the editor and do some fly-bys around the country.

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 1

You'll all need to be referring to the same map using the same scale and grid reference scale. Use 3 digits per axis for better accuracy (6 figure reference).

• Like 1

The 2 main cities, Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk (or Cherno and Elektro), are pretty common-ish spawns.

Cherno is easily recognised by its large factories and chimney's. It also has the apartment building with the plane crashed in it. It also has massive apartment buildings you can see for miles in a pretty close location.

Elektro is the town that is essentially 2 cities. One is mainly made of industrial buildings and has the dock. The other is a little further up.

Zeleno is another city, but is rarely visited because of its remote location. Too far away and not enough good loot buildings.

Stary Sobor is mainly recognized by its water tower. 

The airfields are also pretty recognizable. They are the ones with 

The Balota airfield has a military camp near it, the North East airfield (or Krasnotav airfield) is rarely visited because of its remote location. (The new apartments near Cherno can be seen from here).

The North West airfield, probably the most infamous location in the game, is usually occupied by bandits. I don't think you can accidentally stumble upon the NE / NW airfields.

Otherwise you can ask your friends to look at the Russian signs. Most of the time you'll be able to tell what they are saying, they look pretty similar to their English counterparts.

Maybe play some ArmA II, (or if you don't really want to buy it, get the demo). Spawn a helicopter in the editor and do some fly-bys around the country.

btw. pretty good description. Will help me pretty much to get started with the game.

Use this wisely: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

After you've found some signs, which say you, where you are, you can find the way by the shape of the streets and some buildings... and go where ever you want. 

This and also when you spawn on beach, check sun positioning if possible so you can be heading towards each other (ie. one person have sun to the left the other to there right and you'll eventually meet).