Sign in to follow this  
blurhitz

Punch KO, one punch and I'm down

One punch death happens to people in real life. And its not even bug guys who have done it.

Just a determined guy with a lucky fist.

So one punch knockout to the face is fine. If you hit yourself in that situation that's your dumb fault lol.

Though nine hits to knock someone unconscious with a pipe wrench is ridiculous. The other guy had an axe and killed me after I hit him nine times and that was his third hit on me. But I come back as I spawned close to find hat he had bleed out so he wasn't hacking. Fists would have been better. Fists shouldn't be better than a pipe wrench. Don't nerf the fists but buff the pipe wrench.

• Like 3

Actually you can knockout people with a well placed hit under their chin in real life =) You have to be lucky though. My Opinion on the Game mechanics is that the Fists should get a % chance for about 5 % to knock down your target with a perfect hit to the head.

Oh no! The knockout game has reached DayZ. What is this world coming too? :)

But seriously what are you doing fully geared near the coast unless you where there to pick off noobs? I say you got your cumuffins, CUMUFFINS!!!!

• Like 1

Punching is "OP" at the moment, it's not realistic for every single punch to be a one-shot KO, our survivors aren't Mike Tyson. Either there should be a chance of knockout, not the certainty of it, or it should require more than one punch.

Even zombies seem to be able to take the hits better than players.

Right, our players aren't MMA fighters either, so one good unexpected haymaker would definitely knock you out.

The animation it has right now looks like a weak jab but just use your imagination. I think it's supposed to be a strong punch.

• Like 1

I always imagine that it's actually a roundhouse kick followed by a karate chop to the neck :)

I don't get the confusion here. If I'm walking past you in the street and decide to catch you unawares with a right hook, as long as that shot connects, you're almost certainly going to hit the floor, regardless of whether it's a clean shot or not. Whilst it might not knock you cold instantly, it's almost certainly going to leave you in a vulnerable position, dazed and on the floor, which would allow me plenty of time to jump on you and finish you off with follow-up shots. Whilst we should logically assume that none of the player characters in DayZ are professional fighters, anyone who's ever watched more than a couple of MMA or boxing matches will know that true, one-punch KOs are rare, it's the first shot that knocks someone loopy that opens the door, then the hail of punches that follows does the actual damage.

In DayZ, it's probably reasonable to assume that the capability isn't going to be there for a survivor to rain down punches on someone they've just felled, so they just cut the middleman out and work on the basis that if the first punch knocks you down, from that point, everything else is going to be a formality.

• Like 1

Yes but what signifies the different between 'aware' and 'unaware' in a DayZ context? Is it the fact that you're close enough and managed to aim the punch? DayZ doesn't even allow me to crouch quickly, let alone evade and dodge. DayZ isn't "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" where the melee mechanics are reactive, People can't block in DayZ, they can't duck, they can't even move sideways quickly enough.

If you attack a person unawares than yes your punch might have a good chance to make them fall over, mind you, not a 100% chance at all but let's say a good chance, however that chance drops tremendously if you actually try the same thing against a person who is aware of your presence.

Yes but what signifies the different between 'aware' and 'unaware' in a DayZ context? Is it the fact that you're close enough and managed to aim the punch? DayZ doesn't even allow me to crouch quickly, let alone evade and dodge. DayZ isn't "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" where the melee mechanics are reactive, People can't block in DayZ, they can't duck, they can't even move sideways quickly enough.

You can block with melee weapons. And also, I survive pretty much all my melee engagements by sidestepping. I don't know where your pulling these things out of but they smell suspiciously like shit.

• Like 1

Funny stuff and not over powered lol. your fault for camping spawn points and not paying attention. Also I noticed that the new comers have no situation awareness at all. 

Also to add a good punch on the back of the head also knocks out a person and potentially kill the person. SO jaw, temple and back of the head.  

Edited by reapers239

You can block with melee weapons. And also, I survive pretty much all my melee engagements by sidestepping. I don't know where your pulling these things out of but they smell suspiciously like shit.

That's funny that you would accuse me of shit talking when A. You can't block at all, raising your weapon doesn't block anything, it just plays a stupid animation that makes your attacks weird, also you can't do it with rifles, though you would be able to in real life and B. Sidestepping is possible and slow as shit compared to moving foreword, most melee fights I've sen people just run at each other in circles flailing like mad men.

Having no guard up IRL from a punch will often have you knocked out in 1.

Keep in mind boxers have gloves on and also have their guard up.

The gloves have nothing to do with that. Fighting without gloves is NOT more dangerous for the person getting hit, its actually more dangerous for the person throwing the punch as you can easily fracture your hands that way. One punch KO happens in real life, this does not mean it happens all the time. Lets make it realistic and give it some 20% chance of knocking someone unconcious, then everything is fine.

The gloves have nothing to do with that. Fighting without gloves is NOT more dangerous for the person getting hit, its actually more dangerous for the person throwing the punch as you can easily fracture your hands that way. One punch KO happens in real life, this does not mean it happens all the time. Lets make it realistic and give it some 20% chance of knocking someone unconcious, then everything is fine.

i think that with hit boxes, where it ID what and where was hit we are going to have to more on our punchs on other players, but given that even if the first punch doesnt knock you out, a series for sure will

Have any of you ever been punched in the face or head? Or punched anyone else in the face or head?

It will knock you out, or knock you down, or give you memory lapses. ESPECIALLY if you don't see the punch coming.

Tell me how you can protect the hand, without protecting the other guy?

But anyay, melee headshots aren't 1HKO its 1-3