Sign in to follow this  
JaneGoodall

Proposal: Dedicated reload button

Basically, making the Reload key also the Use key makes users cycle through their clips when they're trying to open doors. Having a dedicated Reload key would fix this. Moreover, a dedicated Reload key is consistent with weapons controls in other games.

I'm not proposing letting a button add bullets to a clip; I like the realism of having to do that in my inventory.

/eom

Edited by JaneGoodall
  • Like 1

...wtf are you talking about? Reload is R, use is space bar or middle mouse button.

...wtf are you talking about? Reload is R, use is space bar or middle mouse button.

I didn't get it either

I didn't get it either

When you go to open a door, your mags will be in the scroll menu. Sometimes you may reload/switch clips instead of opening the door.

Basically, making the Reload key also the Use key makes users chcle through their clips when they're trying to open doors. Having a dedicated Reload key would fox this. Moreover, a dedicated Reload key is consistent with weapons controls in other games.

/eom

Agreed. I haven't looked at my key bindings but I know my R key doesn't reload my weapon.

When you go to open a door, your mags will be in the scroll menu. Sometimes you may reload/switch clips instead of opening the door.

Really? I haven't noticed it

If you have more than one mag for the M4, R is reload. The mosin needs to be manually reloaded through your inventory. (imagine digging through your pockets for loose rounds)

He is talking about the different mags showing in the menu you use to interact with things, such as doors, bodies and other things.

I have to say I agree with him. It should be removed. I only need the "R" key to reload.

He is talking about the different mags showing in the menu you use to interact with things, such as doors, bodies and other things.

I have to say I agree with him. It should be removed. I only need the "R" key to reload.

Ooooh he wants reload to be taken off of the context menu...?

I see; you want them taken out of the context menu.

yeah the overdependance of the mid mouse button is problematic & Combined with a very finicky door hit area it can be quite frustrating... once you start accumulating mags, coupled 60, 40 rd cmag, 30 round cmag, 20 round cmag, 10 rd cmag, .... All i want to do close a frikkan door.