Sign in to follow this  
Alderfalk

Is Dayz worth it?

Hello, I was just wondering if Dayz is worth the money since it is an alpha. I will be playing alone since I dont have any friends that have this game so I also wonder if it is fun to play alone

Edited by Alderfalk

Definitely if you have a computer that can run it good.. It gets boring on the long walks but other than that i think its worth it. And if you dont have friends to play with you can hop on with me and a few friends! :D

Yeah I think Im gonna buy it, btw where are you from? I kinda suck at english so it would be nice if you were from the same country, Im from Sweden

This game is pretty exciting. Games like Battlefield and COD, the objective is simple, (kill the other team, PTFO, etc). This game, if you run into another player, you have no idea whether the player is hostile. If he/she has friends, or what their motives are. Right now it is in early Alpha stages, meaning that the game doesn't have a lot to do. Basically you just run around and collect loot, explore the map, make friends.

All that said though its still fun. Depends on what you are interested in really.

Hope that helps, and maybe I'll get a wave in game, instead of a bullet to the face, LOL

Edited by BannWorthRulz

Haven’t fund any game breaking bugs yet so even as an alpha its pretty playable. And if you are completely new to DayZ, then maybe this is the best time to learn the basics, with few zeds to wary about.

Maybe watch a few livestreams before you decide? But I have no trouble with recommending it.

Hello, I was just wondering if Dayz is worth the money since it is an alpha. I will be playing alone since I dont have any friends that have this game so I also wonder if it is fun to play alone

I've been having a blast. I probably would have bought this game at twice the price. That said, it's still an alpha so just be prepared to deal with bugs and features that aren't fully implemented yet. This is the best alpha I've seen in a long time though.

I wrote a survivor's guide for new players specific to the standalone which may answer a lot of other questions you might have about the game and its current state, linked in my sig below.

The game is buggy, the graphics are scrappy, the interface is jankity, the features are not fully implemented, however, there is no other game in which you can have the same kind of visceral fight-for-your-life experience. If you want polish, wait, if you want an unforgetable experience, buy.

I've really been enjoying it for my first few days. Yeah, it is buggy, but it's really immersive. It's the perfect escape, and it's only going to get better and better. I'd say if you have the money and a decent enough PC, go for it.

Am playing alone for now as well and it is totally worth it if you are okay with bugs, some frustration and confusion from unfinished features. Considering the unique aspect of the game and low price, even if you end up preferring to wait for patches, it's still a cool game.

Edited by V0rador

While the game download, I'd recommend watching forum post beginner guides and video beginner guides too, it will avoid some confusion / frustration from the alpha such as non activated features still having items in game but you don't know how to use them.

The game is not worth it at this phase if you have high expectations out of an alpha. If you're the type of person to expect the same content as the mod, just stay with the mod ;) Other than that, the main features seems to be working fine and the standalone has quite a lot of potential and plenty of room for features.

• Like 1

It's ok playing solo, but i must admit it does get lonely and some boring... Naturally People like running in groups... It stops one from talking to himself and going absolutely insane from loneliness. ;)

As for the state the Game is in, if you don't like playing games that fuck you over on a regular basis... I wouldn't suggest buying it...